Home made, 3 stage, 3 speed, air filter.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisp

Established Member
Reaction score
Another of my home made pieces!......
To work along side my dust extractor and to filter all the time I'm in the workshop, I have made this 3 stage, 3 speed air filter, 32" long 16" wide and 15" tall. Using scrap MDF, an old cooker hood extraction unit, some polyester wadding as a pre filter, large car air filter as big as I could purchase, pollen internal filter and some silicone.

The MDF components and filters.

The box assembled.

The internal filter is a car pollen filter, all silicon sealed in place to make sure it is air tight and maximise air flow.

The cooker hood fan fitted to the rear plate, switch is fixed in place so its easily operated.

Rear view showing the outlet and switch placement.

Front view showing polyester pre filter and metal fittings used to hang it from the ceiling.

After some grinding and with the filter on 2nd speed, a quick vacuum around the outside shows how it is performing.
I used materials that I had in my workshop and a motor donated from a friend, overall cost about £25 and a much more comfortable working environment.
Regards Chris.

What a neat project. And I'm sure its not a consideration but it looks really good in your workshop. =D>

Makes the one I posted a week or so ago look very heath robinson :(

And yours was cheaper. Oh well, yours is about the size of my whole workshop though, would not be able to fit my lathe in as well :)

BM

Alli":8x26o9df said:
What a neat project. And I'm sure its not a consideration but it looks really good in your workshop. =D>
Thanks Alli, I should have made one ages ago but the free fan was the kick up the .... I needed! I've just finished remaking the workshop so it is looking at its best, just need to lay the concrete slab for my lathe and I'll mess it back up.
bogmonster":8x26o9df said:
Makes the one I posted a week or so ago look very heath robinson :(

And yours was cheaper. Oh well, yours is about the size of my whole workshop though, would not be able to fit my lathe in as well :)

BM
As long as they work they don't need to look pretty, I was lucky I had most of the parts lying around to keep the cost down, sure makes a breeze in the workshop when its on top speed!
Chris.

woodyturner":2dpobms4 said:
Well done that man that saved you a few quid
Sure did, although it will only get wasted on some other shiney "thing" in the shop!...
Chris.

Back