Holdfasts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to confirm, my two pairs arrived this morning.

I hardly seems worth mentioning how well they work since everyone seems to already have enthused about them but for completeness, I'll add my praise.

I tried them on some scrap oak without a protective shim and they didn't seem to mark the work. They hold firmly and set/release easily.

Top job.

I'm very pleased with them.

Mine arrived yesterday. I've got nothing much to add except to say top banana! Much thanks Richard. It is a shame you don't have some kind of maker's mark of your own to brand them with.

Thanks for all the positive feed back fellers;

Dave, don't think I haven't thought about it ... but it would take an extra heat each time and besides, considering the opposition describe themselves as "the world's only manufacturer of holdfasts" ... if it's black and not shiny, it's probly one of mine. :)

picked mine up from the post office on sat morning , all i can say is BRILLIANT i'm amazed how well they grip but with a little knock on the back they release.

thanks very much Richard for making these.

It seems like I cannot send a PM, because I'm too new here.
Richard, could you contact me, because I would like to have a pair? I hope it is not too late since I missed on the start.
Thanks.

I'll give it a go..
And a reminder while I'm here that I have lots of steel in stock now, so I can always provide holdfasts when needed. I must make up another batch soon as the last has nearly gone.

I would love a pair of these if there's still some knocking about! I'm not quite sure what the deal is with PMs but whatever I can do to speed the process up just let me know.

And hello, all. Long time lurker, first time poster. It's alright around here, innit. :)

Hi both above.

If you pm or email me your delivery addresses I'll send you the payment options.

Good job there is a bank holiday coming up, I have a new batch to start and I need my assistant ... who only "thinks" she's getting a holiday :)

Hi,
Save me ploughing through this thread again trying to figure it out.. How much are they again?
Pm me if you like.

Si.

Richard, you might want to replace the @ with 'at' to avoid getting a lot of automated spam, which is not as nice as proper spam.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the holdfasts which arrived sooner than expected! They work a treat and I am looking forward to working with them.

Best regards and thanks again, Philipp

I got me a pair. Due to my workshop being gutted for a make-over, I haven't had chance to use them yet. But they look and sound fine. (Tuned to Bb I think!)

FWIW I recommend them if you use Holdfasts.

Thanks Richard.

Regards
John :D

Back