Holdfasts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks, I'm overwhelmed .... I've had the nightmare all day of wondering how to tell you all that pay pal has charged the unexpected 99p and that how I can't afford to incorporate that... So I decided to just come clean and ask for the extra quid via paypal or less it via cheque or bank transfer ... and thinking that I might be hounded out of town as a fraudster, a harloton and a poo ....
But no ! I've had two cheques, two bank transfers and several up- payments on the pay pal. and lots of messages of support.
I can't tell you how relieved this makes me feel as someone not really used to selling stuff.
I've had more pms today than I can shake a stick at ... so if I haven't replied tonight, I will tomorrow.

hi, hope i havn't missed out will pm you my address , probably worth asking people to send the paypal payments as a gift payment as this will save you having to pay fees.

clk230":15wqv3pg said:
probably worth asking people to send the paypal payments as a gift payment as this will save you having to pay fees.

That just adds extra again for the buyer, Richard has added the fee in his total

All seems to be going smoothly.
We're just off to the bank to sort out on line banking stuff, then putting the first batch into the post.

Mine have just arrived, Thank you Richard 8)

I won't get a chance to use them until next week, but I'm certain they'll be spot on (hammer)

Wow, that was quick Shane - we thought they would get "weddinged" and not be with you for ages.

Just thought I'd put up a couple of pictures to demonstrate a holdfast in use and the sort of thickness of wood, angle of foot I've tuned them to.

Holdfast3.jpg

Indicating the slight gap betwixt foot and surface to be held; any more and the holdfast is likely to dig in and any less and it might not hold.

Holdfast2.jpg

Tapped down, gap closed and holding fast.

DSC00718.jpg

This shows the hole I have been testing them in, or rather the wood with the hole in. It is a tad over 2 - 1/4" deep. This seems to be the optimum for biting hard and releasing easy.

Mine arrived this morning, Whack their in, Whack their out, Hold everything Iv tried really tight, Far to much fun for a Saturday morning, i'm having to stop myself from showing them to everyone on our street, Cheers Richard, Well impressed

Allan

Recky33":1vq43e9q said:
Mine arrived this morning, Whack their in, Whack their out, Hold everything Iv tried really tight, Far to much fun for a Saturday morning, i'm having to stop myself from showing them to everyone on our street, Cheers Richard, Well impressed

Allan

I second what Allan says - mine just arrived this morning and they work brilliantly - a quick whack on the top and they hold fast like a taxman asked for a rebate, a quick whack on the back and they let go instantly - I wasn't sure they would work in my Sjobergs bench, (thought it might give me an excuse to build a new one...) but they are great - many thanks again Richard.

bucephalus":1i9rxk2s said:
I wasn't sure they would work in my Sjobergs bench

My first chance to try them today. My bench is a Sjobergs as well, and the top is only 27mm thick, and I can report that they work brilliantly well (as I was sure they would), I'm really pleased with them, Richard you are a star 8)

is it wrong to spend way too long whacking them in/out? :lol:

Shane wrote:
"is it wrong to spend way too long whacking them in/out? "

...Only if you're in danger of wearing your hole out.

Thanks for the good reports folks.

There are still plenty left, although there are quite a few people way back on the list who haven't pm'd me yet....

clk230 wrote:
Hi Richard did you get my pm ?

Or mine?

Dratt! Sorry both; you must have slipped past my attention when we were messing around with the possibility of the mysterious bank transfer. :oops:

Pms sent.

Richard T":267kiloz said:
Dratt! Sorry both; you must have slipped past my attention when we were messing around with the possibility of the mysterious bank transfer. :oops:

On that note, did you get mine? :wink:

Back