Hitachi Circ saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanser

Established Member
Reaction score
Newbie here - so hello all. I have been a guest for a couple of months now and have already gained a lot from your postings. I also like the way you guys interact........anyhow to the post.

Good service from both Screwfix and Hitachi. I bought a Hitachi circ saw from Screwfix in May 2007 and have used it twice. Got it out of the garage and it strugges to get any speed then dies. Screwfix advice me to speak to Hitachi and after one call I'm through to 'Andy' in the Hitachi workshop. He diagnoses 'stuck brushes' owing to the little use and damp conditions in my garage and puts a couple of sets in the post FOC. I receive there next day, fit them and back in action.

I have to say given some recent experiences of breakdowns outside of warranty I was impressed.

Hanser

Hi Hanser

Welcome to the forum - I hope you enjoy it.

That is great customer service from Hitachi, well done.

Dave

I fail to see how Screwfix gave good service? They just passed you onto someone else, good service from them would have been if they had dealt with it.

Good service from Hitachi however.

Second vote for the excellence of Hitachi after sales service, as our Hitachi mitre saw had the motor fail on what turned out to be the very last day of warranty.

It was bought from Screwfix, but I called Hitachi directly and I was advised to take it to the nearest dealer - Saw and Tooling Services in Edinburgh as I was working about two miles away. S & TS tested it while I waited, in case it was something they could deal with, but it wasn't and they packed it and sent it off to Hitachi and it was returned very quickly with a new field winding fitted and runs like brand new.

Great service from both Saw and Tooling Services and Hitachi.

Dave. S.

RyanGillam":1xjtopjm said:
I fail to see how Screwfix gave good service? They just passed you onto someone else, good service from them would have been if they had dealt with it.

Good service from Hitachi however.

Ryan

My point is that Screwfix were concerned about the failure of a 2.5 year old product after such little use, advised me, gave me the appropriate contact details in Hitatchi. The net result was a painless fix within 48 hours without the hassle of taking stuff back to Screwfix.

Back