hidden wooden hinge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcat

Reaction score
I saw a wooden box with a hidden wooden hinge. I believe it was called a Laurencekirk hinge, after the scottish town that it was invented in. I have looked all over to try to find how to make this hinge. Hopefully someone here can help.
The link http://www.hygra.com/uk/tc/tc106/index.htm
shows a picture and talks a bit about it. When the box is shut you can not see there is a hinge, the sides are flat. They were used as air tight snuff boxes.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
[email protected]

tcat.
Welcome to the forum.

When he was at the Westonbirt show this August, Rob Cosman had with him some beautiful boxes with a hidden hinge made from wood (bar a central unseen wire that ran through the centre of the wooden hinge parts).

He is about to launch a DVD on box making (might have done so by now) that will apparently explain how he made these.

thanks for all the response. I've googled until my index finger is worn down to the third knuckle. I think that Rob's upcoming DVD holds the most promise, but I would sure like to find a plan for it or a description on how its made.
thanks again

That is the problem, can't remember at the moment.

would guess two to three years ago, which is not a lot of help.

David

Latest posts

Back