Hi from a cold Sofia, Bulgaria

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was you, I'd find a friendly forester and ask him to source some of the best wood around. They have always been very helpful and seem to like a challenge.

Foresters here mainly deal with logging (and preventing illegal logging for firewood); everything is, at least in theory ;) , carefully monitored and the police often stop anyone carrying wood to check paperwork and ensure that the wood itself carries the official marks. That's not to say that they aren't amenable to looking the other way for the right "encouragement".

Of course, what's good for the wood burner isn't necessarily much cop for carpentry and to be honest my needs are mainly for general purpose renovation/DIY joinery, so the good stuff would be wasted on me... :(

Fixed it for you :)

Great thought but unfortunately every day is the best my arthritis is going to be, since tomorrow it's always a tad worse.....it's a pity that they don't warn you what's just around the corner healthwise while you're young and feeling invulnerable! :oops:

Back