Hi All. Good to be here.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only another 2-3 years ! - I'm still (semi) doing the day job and I'll be 80 on Wednesday :)
My projects are also varied - many involving Clocks or clock-works, Turning in all manner of materials, 'Secret' boxes, Pens . . . . . . Have a look at my web-site.
Sounds interesting. I will. My dad wrote two books about clocks. Classic Clocks for Woodworkers and Novelty Clocks for Woodworkers. Best to keep your hand in working. I doubt I will completely finish but part time is an inviting prospect.

I am Dave. I am 60 yrs old and I live in Coventry UK. I have a Studio workshop (12' × 12') and a woodworking shop (17' × 12'). I make all sorts of stuff. Mainly out of wood, but happy to use any material. I do a fair amount of electronics too.

Looking to get acquainted with like minded souls in the Coventry area.
Hi Dave,
I’m in Scunthorpe but moving to Tamworth next year to ‘retire’ (not if she gets her way) , just doing a house renovation so still have to reestablish a workshop.
Regards,
Dave

Hi Cov Dave,
I am in Warwickshire to the east of Cov. Like many my grandparents moved to Radford before the war so my grandfather could find work and my father grew up there. Although my parents moved out of the city my dad worked in Holbrook Lane most of his life.
I am an engineer by trade but make sawdust as a hobby. I too have an electrical/electronic background.
I don’t have a metal workshop but that’s only because I don’t have the time space or money.

Hi Cov Dave,
I am in Warwickshire to the east of Cov. Like many my grandparents moved to Radford before the war so my grandfather could find work and my father grew up there. Although my parents moved out of the city my dad worked in Holbrook Lane most of his life.
I am an engineer by trade but make sawdust as a hobby. I too have an electrical/electronic background.
I don’t have a metal workshop but that’s only because I don’t have the time space or money.
Good to Meet you HamsterJam. Space time and money are always a problem. What was your most recent project? Mine was a huge subwoofer and amp for the living room which my missus isn't too pleased about! Will post some pics somwtime soon.

Hi Dave,
I’m in Scunthorpe but moving to Tamworth next year to ‘retire’ (not if she gets her way) , just doing a house renovation so still have to reestablish a workshop.
Regards,
Dave
I just finished my workshop this year. It was a lockdown project converting an old garage. What sort of stuff do you like to build?

Good to Meet you HamsterJam. Space time and money are always a problem. What was your most recent project? Mine was a huge subwoofer and amp for the living room which my missus isn't too pleased about! Will post some pics somwtime soon.

Latest wood projects have been relatively small - making table top presents for Christmas (key rings, bottle openers, etc).
Also got a clock in progress (just started actually).
Electronic wise have been quiet except for solder repairs to my daughter’s fairy lights and my outdoor thermometer this weekend. Got an Arduino project lined up to auto start the dust extraction but that is waiting for me to have some spare time.
I made a 12” sub for the car many years ago. So good, the neighbours complained when I tested it in the lounge 🤣

Latest wood projects have been relatively small - making table top presents for Christmas (key rings, bottle openers, etc).
Also got a clock in progress (just started actually).
Electronic wise have been quiet except for solder repairs to my daughter’s fairy lights and my outdoor thermometer this weekend. Got an Arduino project lined up to auto start the dust extraction but that is waiting for me to have some spare time.
I made a 12” sub for the car many years ago. So good, the neighbours complained when I tested it in the lounge 🤣
I think my neighbour will be losing some sleep, but he makes plenty of noise himself, so he can't really complain.

Back