Help,

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimMc

Reaction score
I bought a Record Power 300e bandsaw. It’s amazing and so pleased with it. I took my time and set it up accurately and it cuts like a dream. Bought some Tuffsaws blades, didn’t bother with the one supplied.
Anyway I can’t work out the function of the small protruding piece of plastic on the side of the mitre guide.
Anyone any idea what it’s purpose is.
30179E46-B255-42F2-9019-7C31ACE43E37.jpeg

If there's a mitre slot to left of blade, it could just be a sacrificial bit of plastic, just there to stop running the aluminium into the blade.

Drop record power an email, they would be helpful and advise.

I'm quite sure Inspector is correct. It's not interchangeable even though there is a screw on both ends so I think it maybe a safety feature so when cutting end pieces from the left you can move the cut-off pieces from the right with a push-stick/pencil in my case. Only guessing.

I would think it is to go under the blade guides supporting the work close to the blade. That won't apply if the mitre slot is to the right of the blade.

Pete
I think your right, I have it on the left side as it is interchangeable. The Record Power videos/photos all show it on the right hand side but I think that’s incorrect.
live emails respond power and will report on their reply.

Back