Help with designing/making a coffee table...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, the joints aren't really failing but more that gaps are appearing at the ends and at some points in the middle. Without looking for it you wouldn't notice it. I'm more worried for the future if it continues at this rate...

Turning the table has already made a difference and it's seems flat again. I'll keep an eye on it and keep turning it

I had a look at the Danish Oils available (B&Q) and noticed they have a colour/wood type associated with them. Just go for a dark wood one like the mahogany? Or perhaps would teak oil be better? And should you wait till the wood stabilises before applying it?

As for the pebbles, not sure who's dumb design idea that was. Doesn't even try to look authentic ;)

Vikash

You say you are looking for a finish for your table :? :?
It looks in the pictures like it already has a high gloss finish
on it :?

Or have i got the brightness turned way up on my moniter :?:
It deffinatly looks finished to me ,the way the lights are reflecting off
the top of it

Do you live in your house at all its immaculate , wish my pad was this tidy :lol: :lol: but with 3 little eggflans running around i dont expect
it ever will be :oops:

Hi, no it's not finished. But it has been planed/sanded really smooth on one side, and with a long exposure settings on the camera it gives more of a gloss look because of its effect on the candle light reflection.

If you look at the second pic in the focused area at the bottom left, you'll get a more realistic idea of the finish.

No it's not always that tidy/showroomy. Just had a big clean ready for Christmas guests and saw the photo opportunity. ;)

Some serious kit Vikash but at £1500, you must be into your sounds? I'll stick to me Mordaunt-Short MS 100 circa 1985 for a few more years. Anyway, once you get into your 40s the ears become less discerning, so much so, I was even impressed with my nephew's iPod docking system the other day :lol: :lol:

Beautifully elegant looking though Vikash. And if they sound as good as they look then I'm pleased for you. :D

Back