Help with Basato5-2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerBoyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys
Can anybody post me a picture of where the tension arm indicator joins onto the bottom of the screw on the sliding block for the wheel for tensioning
I have taken mine apart for a clean And I'll be buggered if I can get it back together so the indicator works LOL :oops: :idea:

Many thanks

Roger

Hi Roger
Sorry, I don't think I can help. I have the Basato 5-4, which is identical except that it has another pulley. But it doesn't have a tension indicator, so that must have been a later modification.
But tension indicators are not a great deal of use really, IMHO, as it depends on the thickness of the blade material. If you use a thin-kerf blade, you won't need as much tension as a standard-thickness-kerf. The more steel there is, the more tension it needs, so a 3/8 thin-kerf blade may need only the same as a 1/4 standard. Basically if it sounds right, it is right. Does it go "Laaaahhhhh!"?
:)
S

Hi Steve
I dont need the indicator but I do like to see it working LOL
I knew I should have taken a pic myself before I started but I thought it looked simple enough so i didnt bother :oops: :oops:

Its just one of them things that untill i get it sorted will annoy the heck out of me

Roger

Lots of LOLs tonight!
I didn't realise the way that could be interpreted!
Happy to raise a smile.
As Barry Cryer often says about the Late Great Humphrey Lyttleton, "If you ever needed a double entendre you could rely on Humph to give you one."
S

Back