Quantcast

Help with an old combination machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

DannyEssex

Established Member
Reaction score
I was given a couple of old machines at work today by a customer, and one of them is a combination machine (Is that what you call them?) It has a small planer and Saw. I’m trying to find as much info out about it as I can, and google hasn’t helped much so far. It has Duet and Made in England stamped on the frame and that is it. It has a Hoover motor. At first I thought maybe it is part of a lathe attachment. I think I will try and have a go at restoring it. Any advice would be really appreciated

Attachments

MikeG.

Plodding on.
Reaction score
If you're right handed feeding work into that saw will involve leaning over the planer. Don't forget to tuck your tie into your shirt first. :wink: :lol:

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
MikeG.":3ghnfx7d said:
If you're right handed feeding work into that saw will involve leaning over the planer. Don't forget to tuck your tie into your shirt first. :wink: :lol:
I'd be less worried about the tie and more worried about keeping the fly closed :wink: It's the perfect height for those really hard to explain A&E visits :lol:

sunnybob

software developers nemesis
Reaction score
Work on it to improve your skills by all means, but that thing is dangerous in so many ways its no wonder you were given it. :roll:
You could always give it to health and safety and they could use it as a "how many things are wrong with this picture" teaching aid. :D