Help required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody-2

Reaction score
I have posted on this site in the hopes of finding someone who could help me.I have a house and workshop in Market Rasen,Lincolnshire, but I live on the other side of the world in the Philippine Islands.Since I will not be returning to the UK I am arranging to sell my house by auction in the near future and I need some help with selling my machinery and tools.In exchange for this help I would be happy to split the proceeds on a 50-50 basis.The items include a Dominion pattern makers lathe fitted with electronic speed control -small bandsaw-10"planer thicknesser-dust extractor-chisel morticer-kiln drier dehumidifier type- 3 phase cabinet makers bandsaw with converter to run on single phase.Plus turning and deep hollowing tools,3 chucks and 3 faceplates and numerous bits and pieces.

woody-2":1m2cypk7 said:
I have posted on this site in the hopes of finding someone who could help me.I have a house and workshop in Market Rasen,Lincolnshire, but I live on the other side of the world in the Philippine Islands.Since I will not be returning to the UK I am arranging to sell my house by auction in the near future and I need some help with selling my machinery and tools.In exchange for this help I would be happy to split the proceeds on a 50-50 basis.The items include a Dominion pattern makers lathe fitted with electronic speed control -small bandsaw-10"planer thicknesser-dust extractor-chisel morticer-kiln drier dehumidifier type- 3 phase cabinet makers bandsaw with converter to run on single phase.Plus turning and deep hollowing tools,3 chucks and 3 faceplates and numerous bits and pieces.

What about approaching a dealer and seeing what they would offer you for the lot? Many well be more than splitting the proceeds of any other sale 50/50 and it would be gone in one go.

phil.p":1ejy2dxh said:
Sorry, call me a cynic if you wish, but I'm waiting for a scam.

I did have the same feeling but gave the benefit of the doubt.... :shock:

Not a scam I have this morning had a telephone call from the Philippines and have spoken to both his solicitor and estate agent and they have confirmed the situation.

so guys remember not every one is a bad one

I think 9Fingers summed up what people were thinking in OP's other thread... I think people see posts like this and don't want to get involved. The tinternet is a massive place and you don't know who is on the other end of that Keyboard....

Personally I just wouldn't get involved full stop...

phil.p":mrne5ly3 said:
:roll: I can't be the only one to get an insulting PM from woody-2, can I?

I assume you are an honourable person, I think if you paid the op the same compliment you would have likely had a different response to your post.

I did send a message but I haven't heard from the OP.

Looks like it's covered now anyway.

Back