Help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riggly

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for any advice available for a project i currently have in the pipeline. i have a job to cover some shop shelves in a wood grain material to make the shelves look like a desk to sell various desktop equipment etc. I have tried the rolled vinyl that they use to cover kitchen unit doors but the thinnner version 170 microns is not liked and the thicker one 350 microns wont stay flat. I have tried 8mm mfc but this will probably be too thick i have some swatches for foil wrapped around thin mdf or fibre board and this is probably around 3-4 mm but i don't know where to get it from and i don't know what sizes it comes in at.

Any help would be gratefully received :D

Riggly":3v1s1ybr said:
I am looking for any advice available for a project i currently have in the pipeline. i have a job to cover some shop shelves in a wood grain material to make the shelves look like a desk to sell various desktop equipment etc. I have tried the rolled vinyl that they use to cover kitchen unit doors but the thinnner version 170 microns is not liked and the thicker one 350 microns wont stay flat. I have tried 8mm mfc but this will probably be too thick i have some swatches for foil wrapped around thin mdf or fibre board and this is probably around 3-4 mm but i don't know where to get it from and i don't know what sizes it comes in at.

Any help would be gratefully received :D

Hi Riggly

Are you providing the shelving or using existing?

I did something similar a few years ago from scratch and the best and cheapest option (more profit) by a country mile was to order the finished article from a company who make many of the kitchen doors I fit.

They can usually supply any reasonable custom size in vinyl wrap with a wide choice of woodgrain.

Company I use is Browns of Cramlington Northumberland http://www.browns2000.co.uk/ but there are a number of factories in the UK.

rgds

Bob

thanks for your input i think that hpl will be the kiddie i have given them some samples and they will probably change their mind again. :?

Back