HELP NEEDED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beganasatree

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I would like to ask for your help,I have just bought an old DELTA 40-530 C SCROLL SAW .I have never used a scroll saw so i am needing lots of help.It was a bit rusty but has cleaned up like new(almost)the table is now spotless and I would like to keep it that way ,what do I use on it?I have no blades to practice with,I do not want to buy F D M or OLSON just to use on scrap bits of wood,once I have mastered keeping to the lines I will then buy better blades,so what do you suggest that I should use for practice with,ARE NIQUA BLADES from HOBBIES (144 assortment pack)any good?I am also looking fora quickset blade changing tool ,I would like to change the blade clamps at some point to quick release clamps if posible?

SO PLEASE HELP ME TO GET STARTED.

PETER

PS COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO MOVE THIS POST TO SCROLLING-SCROLL SAWS.THANK YOU.

Peter
Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry I can't help with your question but suspect you may get a better response if you move your post over to the scrolling section, which I believe is inhabited by many experts on this matter who will almost certainly be able to advise you.

Richard

I don't and never have used a scrollsaw. But I would recommend that you buy decent blades- I believe niqua are good, rather than putting yourself at a disadvantage by using rubbish ones eg silverline. Assuming that the table is cast iron, a bit of wax will do nicely. I have used a microcrystalline on my cast iron tables, which reminds me that I must get some more. Any wax will do though but avoid anything with silicone in it (will cause issues with finishes).

As for blade sizes- assortments can be good but can also contain a lot that you won't use. How thick are the pieces that you are cutting? A dozen of 2 or 3 sizes to try out which you prefer would probably be sufficient- a scroller will recommend you what to try.

Back