help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbutcher

Established Member
Reaction score
good morning all!

i have been asked to make a casket to house a family members ashes,
the person in question has not passed away but they would like to have every thing in place for when they do .

the casket is to be made of eu oak with a high gloss finish but having made the larger boxes i have yet to make a small casket for ashes , so the question is , what size would you make it as i would hate to have some ashes left over after filling it up?

woodbutcher

woodbutcher":ohxm6o4f said:
... hate to have some ashes left over after filling it up?

That could be a tad embarrsing :oops: I'd suggest you contact your local funeral shop for an estimate on an appropriate size - Rob

My mother died a couple of years ago and I still have the container her ashes came from the undertaker in. It's a green plastic screw top item with external dimensions 230 x 125 x 125 mm. Effective but not classy. I recall that it was about 2/3 full but clearly that wasn't something I was paying close attention to.

I would just call a local undertaker. I'm sure they would understand the problem exactly and offer good advice. No doubt they sell such caskets so they may even have a catalogue with sizes which you could look at. In fact, setting aside the emotional involvement with this first one you may find that they would be interested in selling them on for you.

thank you people for your help the casket is to be enterd so it would be a shame to plant a nice turned one.
thank you again.

woodbutcher

woodbutcher":3hu5yp38 said:
good morning all!

i have been asked to make a casket to house a family members ashes,
the person in question has not passed away but they would like to have every thing in place for when they do .

the casket is to be made of eu oak with a high gloss finish but having made the larger boxes i have yet to make a small casket for ashes , so the question is , what size would you make it as i would hate to have some ashes left over after filling it up?

Ash me another !

woodbutcher

Back