Help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My daughter's primary schoolteacher, on learning that I did some woodworking, asked if I could help her with a piece needed for a restoration her husband is undertaking.

Unfortunately, it's a turned part and I've never done turning, don't have a lathe, and have no room in the workshop for one right now.

The part is a foot from an early 20th century piece, about 120mm long x 60mm diameter overall dimensions. Not sure what the wood is, but it's very light. As near as I can estimate, the weight/density is on the order of pine or cedar (something like 350kg/cu.mtr).

I was hoping some kind person here might be able to replicate the part if I was to send them a full-scale template (I'm reluctant to send the part in case it gets lost and we'll then be losing parts faster than replacements are appearing!). Obviously I'd be happy to cover the costs of postage and a suitable timber blank.

If anyone interested would like to PM me, I'll sort out pictures and the template.

cheers,
Pete

NickWelford":1nn88ykw said:
How about posting a photo, Pete....

Yes, sorry - should have thought of that. I'll try and get one up tonight.

Sorry about the delay - struck down by a cold bug on Saturday.

Here's the part in question:

2257634717_afa1f32405_o.jpg

If anyone feels willing and able to help, I'd appreciate it.

cheers,
Pete

Its quite a simple piece but with postage back and forwards it would probably be cheaper if you could find someone local. Have a look for wood turning clubs near you or a professional turner it should not cost that much to make.

Back