Help needed with Ryobi RBS3080 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilTilson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi -

I am trying to resurrect my old Ryobi bandsaw (yes, I know it's not the greatest!) and need to replace the drive belt. I have a replacement belt, but am having trouble removing the lower drive wheel in order to fit it. I have removed the circlip, but the bearing refuses to come off the end of the shaft, although it slides freely.

Before I start using brute force, am I missing anything here? Is there another way to remove the wheel? Can't find any 'maintenance' documentation on the web, and the Ryobi manual just gives a rather difficult-to-read exploded view, which suggests I am doing he right thing.

Any ideas, please?

Other-side-1.jpg
If this is the machine, then it would appear that those circlips are for the bearings, not for removing the wheel,
and you can simply undo 2 of the jacking bolts, say 9 and 12 o'clock
being careful not to adjust the others which should be locked solid with nuts
(as you would have set the lower wheel to match the top wheel ideally, as guessing it's non adjustable in regards to skew)

Normally a large bolt with washer on the end of the shaft to undo, and the wheel should slide out.
That's after the belt is loosened and off of the pulley of course.

Perhaps its a different machine?

Tom

Latest posts

Back