Help needed with bandsaw purchase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robin

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a bandsaw. I really need to be able resaw 6" planks of ash down to thickness before final planing / thicknessing. Whilst 6" ash is my current requirement I can see needing to change that to other, harder woods although I don't think I'll ever need to resaw much greater than 6" (famous last words)

I have a tool budget of around £1000 but would really like to get a tormek sharpener out of that as well (if possible).

Current pole position is the record BS350x (d&m seem to have a good offer on them) Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Robin

I got the 350x a few months back and have been extremely pleased with it. Came with 5 blades and wheel kit. Had a bit of bother getting the fence excatly perpendicular at first, but fixed this with a wood facing (was bowed about 0.1 mm vertically). Think I paid £499 and for this nothing can beat it. Recommended.

Stephen

Hi Robin,
I have the BS300 which is as you know similar but smaller. I have no problem resawing 6" Ash with a 3/4" blade in mine. I have a few issues with it when it was delivered, but these were quickly rectified by the dealer and I've had no issues since then.

2006_0215_152644.jpg

2006_0215_144537.jpg

Have a look at my blog entry for more details.
http://theguitardoctor.blogspot.com/200 ... today.html

Lee.

Latest posts

Back