Help for Parkside PKS 1700 A1 Sliding Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitrionahoran

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got my Parkside PKS 1700 A1 sliding mitre saw out of the shed after a couple of years. As usual it took me ages to set it up (every time I have to relearn as don’t use it regularly). Plugged it in and no power. Checked the fuse and this is ok. The cable is ok. Now wondering whether it has got damp OR the switch has suddenly failed OR there’s a safety mechanism I’ve forgotten. The laser has not worked for some time. Any ideas would be welcome, thanks
Caitriona

If you have a digital multi meter then you could check for continuity ( POWER OFF ) you could have a break in the live or neatral. does your saw have an internal fuse or overheat protection. If you are not confident with mains voltage then I would not attempt any (LIVE TESTING) check all connections to switch etc ( MAINS OFF) if you still can’t find the fault then take it to an authorised repair shop.

I think they are made by einhell. I had an old one but lent it to someone and it never came back. Got a scheppach 216mm the other day. Heres a link to the instructions. https://assets.einhell.com/manuals-pdf/900_301733/pks-1700-a1-(lb-6).pdf I remember something about a head release lever (number three in picture) before starting saw. There may be a safety switch involved with it. Most have a double switch for safety. Unless you are confident about working with 240v then don't.
Alasdair

It could also be worn brushes on the motor depending on how much use it had had and if its been sitting damp. If it is then Amazon.co.uk . In the past I have found in motors one brush seems to wear faster than the other. I think its the negative side from memory.
Hope you get it fixed.

I think they are made by einhell. I had an old one but lent it to someone and it never came back. Got a scheppach 216mm the other day. Heres a link to the instructions. https://assets.einhell.com/manuals-pdf/900_301733/pks-1700-a1-(lb-6).pdf I remember something about a head release lever (number three in picture) before starting saw. There may be a safety switch involved with it. Most have a double switch for safety. Unless you are confident about working with 240v then don't.
Alasdair
Thanks, yes have released the lever. Will continuity test the live and neutral without power when I find my multimeter. If no fault there, then won’t mess with the electrics further. 😄

it would be worth your while checking the brushes, these are user servicible parts. I've replaced brushes on several Lidl power tools and it's very easy.

it would be worth your while checking the brushes, these are user servicible parts. I've replaced brushes on several Lidl power tools and it's very easy.
Thanks for the tip. To be honest I’ve only used it a handful of times so doubt the brushes would have worn.

Thanks to all. There was no fault on the cable but after testing it started up! I think the power switch got stuck, maybe from not having been used for a few years. All working now.

Back