Help, can anyone tell me more about Record CLO 24 x 12

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathansmith

Reaction score
Hi, first post here. Im a student that uses my uni's lathes during term-time and now looking at a starter machine for a couple of months, to help me with a deadline ive got, until i can afford a nice axminster or jet jml. Ive seen this "Record Power CLO 24 x 12" on the net but i cant see anything about it online, record power have pretty poor archives. Can anyone help me out with advice/experience of these machines? Its in the 100 pound category so im not expecting great things, just something better than a cheap clarke. Also since im in scotland its prettydifficult to get any good deals on lathes as there mostly down south. Once again, any help is much appreciated, Nathan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 83
If you are making small diameter stuff it should be fine and re-sellable at what you paid for it later on
But whilst it might have the dimensions for a 12 diameter job but the 1/3hp motor will struggle.
It may well come out of the same foundry/factory as a Clarke but Record have a reputation to maintain so was probably finished to a better standard.
Don't expect great things and you will probably be impressed.
Choose the machine that you want to buy eventually and buy accessories now to fit its spindle thread and an adaptor down to the record spindle to save having to re-purchase later on.

Back