Dodge's Workshop - if you fancy a gander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rog, thanks for the tour. I think all the amateurs here could pick up something useful from your workshop and your website was also interesting. On the wall to the left of your Record lathe you've got a board with various jointed pieces on it, are they jigs?
Regards Keith

The Eriba Turner":rqhc8v3m said:
to the left of your Record lathe you've got a board with various jointed pieces on it, are they jigs?
Regards Keith

No - That was a sample board that I made many moons ago when I used to Demo for Triton showing all the joints that could be achieved using the 2000 workcentre - Its last outing was at the Alli Pally more years ago than I care to remember.

I keep it on the wall for old times sake I suppose - but is handy for reference if someone asks for advice. Plus it hides the hole in the wall where the old woodburner pipe went through which has now been blocked :lol: :lol:

Rog

I hadn't noticed the softwood gate Rog. It seems to be the season for them at the moment. I have another couple of gates to build next but they will be in Idigbo again. I have some Oak units to build later so I am looking forward to them. Only part I don't like is having to machine all the timber up first. :roll:

Very impressive Roger, thanks for the tour.

I also hate ripping thin or narrow stuff on a table saw and do like your jig idea. On some larger saws (dimension, panel), the large SUVA-style overhead guards make it very difficult for you to even get a push stick in there! :x

All right for some ain't it?

Envious as all heck! Space... Space... Space.... =P~ =P~ =P~ Just look at all that space!

John :)

Dodge":250ffp0n said:
The Eriba Turner":250ffp0n said:
to the left of your Record lathe you've got a board with various jointed pieces on it, are they jigs?
Regards Keith

No - That was a sample board that I made many moons ago when I used to Demo for Triton showing all the joints that could be achieved using the 2000 workcentre - Its last outing was at the Alli Pally more years ago than I care to remember.

I keep it on the wall for old times sake I suppose - but is handy for reference if someone asks for advice. Plus it hides the hole in the wall where the old woodburner pipe went through which has now been blocked :lol: :lol:

Rog

I just bought a Triton 2000, to replace my Mk. 3. I can't get the aluminium runners to clip up into the housing on the ends of the frame. And the DVD made assembly look so easy! The workcentre is going back, because I surely am not going to mess with a file!

So, for now I tidied up my old Mk. 3 which fortunately I hadn't scrapped!

John :)

Back