Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John G

Reaction score
Hi there I'm new to the site and already I've spent an evening browsing through the various forums.

I live in Glasgow and I've been "learning weans" for the past umpty years and recently managed to wangle an early retirement package since two schools were merging and the Local Authority were glad to be rid of some of the neanderthals among the staff. Pension is rubbish but I'm still alive.

Woodwork has been part of my work and a hobby since I can remember, not that the memory is as good as it used to be, or so I'm told.

I hope to keep learning from some of your members and hopefully give some advice when I can, so hello and hope to be in contact soon.

I don't know if this is the proper thread to say hello on but it seemed the most appropriate.

John G

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum John, fellow 'weegie' here now living in the countryside :) , bet your glad your out of the 'educashun system' -seems like the 'worst job in the world' in these 'modern times'

Jim :D

Welcome John , a better place to go for the wood obsessed has yet to be found. You are going to have fun here , trust me. Many experts with a sprinkling of the hopelessly confused like myself to pitch and catch ideas with. Pop by hand tools and watch em scrap over sharpening or the relative merits of one tool or another, then slide over to design or projects and mistakes to see the pretty pics of illuminati created goodies. Cannot go wrong mate.

Welcome John, there is no 'introductions' forum but most people post on this just to say hello. I have found UKW to be probably the only forum of any type where trolls and troublemakers are rarely seen and I've been a member for six years. Funny thing is that even when a group decide to upsticks and leave over some silly nothingness, they usually come back.

Thanks for your warm welcome guys, nice to know there are others like me out there who want to know how to sharpen a chisel and strop it on your arm which removes some arm hair. Tried to suggest that method to "she who must be obeyed" that it could be a substitute for waxing but she was having none of it. Oh well back to the waxing strips.....

See you soon.

John G

Latest posts

Back