hello!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giacomo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I’m Giacomo from Viterbo (a medieval town 80 km north far from Rome), I’m a restorer and cabinet maker and I discovered this forum reading a message written by our friend Domvalente on Il-legno.it, the italian forum of woodworkers. I‘m moderator in that forum and also a member of ACIL (in english sounds like Cultural Wood Association) and our target is to enlarge the knowdlege and love for wood and to share everything about it. I’m 36 and I started woodworking ten years ago, after my degree (I discussed a thesis about italian woodworkers corporations in XV century).
I always loved your tradition in woodworking and the elegance of english tools, maybe one day I’ll spend my holydays in your country (and I will leave a lot of money in the tools sellers hands).

My workshop is always open to everybody who loves wood and woodworking and I’ll be very glad if anyone of you will came and visit me.
My activities: general woodworking, turning, carving, gilding, french\wax polishing, inlay and building my own tools
But more than any word :

I’m always very busy but I’ll try to find the time to visit your forum, it is also a good way ti improve my pedestrian english. Bye !

I hope no mistakes in this my first post if something wrong please help me.

Hi Giacomo,

Welcome to the forum. I particularly like the design of your scrub plane and work bench - and the party looked like good fun :D In the pictures, which one is you?

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Benvenuto Giacomo.

You will find many skilled artisans here especially if you love hand tools.
I think ours is one of the few skills that draws people from all over the world together..

Dom

Hello Giacomo, Welcome, I am new here too, I only joined just over a week ago. :)

You will find a lot of useful information and advice here.

John.

Welcome Giacomo - brill English - brill craftsman. Hope you haven't got too much work on as you won't have time to start or finish due to spending so much time on this mine of information! (hammer)

Woody

Hello Giacomo,
welcome aboard..

Are you learning?? By what I can see you are a very proper woodworker :) You have lots of projects.. you have the main tool I lack: the proper workbench. I have a sort of mini bench ( a vise attached to a slab of thick black locust :oops: ) which for the moment it has been very useful.
Perhaps when I'll have achieved what I'm doing nowadays ( the home building) I'll do the workbench.
If you want to see what I done (very few projects :roll: ) you can search my posts.
Feel free write me for anything

Cheers,
Gabriele

thank you all boys, wood and woodworkers are the same around the world as I can see!
Geppetto, don't worry about your workbench, I built my own only after ten years I started with wood.
Are you a member of Il-legno.it yet? Please keep it under control because I'm planning another party before summer.

About learning; I hope to continue 'til I die

cheers

Back