Hello all!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OxfordChris

Reaction score
Good morning!

I'm new to this forum, and new to woodworking in general. My Dad was doing it for years - back in my teenage years, I was up on his new shed, doing the felting for him. However, it's only since we lost him to dementia at the start of the year that I've realised what I've been missing out on. So, a garden shed clear out was followed by a few purchases, and now it's a hobby!

I'm a keen air rifle shooter, and I've had some custom stocks made for me in the past by someone who has become a mate. He's been a great help in getting me set up to do a few bits myself, I still have a lot to learn, particularly on machinery and tooling, hence me joining here.

However, the first project is well on the way...

Cheers,
Chris.

Attachments

• TX Stock.jpeg
    TX Stock.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 0
That's my first one... it looks much better with the oil on it! That's about 17 hours of work so far, for the shaping, inletting and sanding.

However, in that photo, you can't see the bad bits, which I'm still working on... ha ha!

Brilliant nevertheless- and don’t worry about the “ bad bits “ learning how to disguise those areas is a skill in itself and will make to more aware next time . Keep up the good work. My mom is now in a care home after a massive stroke 12 months ago and has dementia-a truly horrible illness.

Welcome Chris, awesome work on the stock.

I'm in Haddenham, so not too far from you.

Looking forward to more pics of your work!

Very nice. What is it?
Have you had a few or are the shed foundations a bit suspect?
Brian

Hello and Welcome, that laminated stock is looking looks very nice and when finished will be a thing of beauty, it looks like it is for a springer. i do a bit of pest control here and there and used a springer .22 with open/iron sights for years(no idea who made it but i suspect it was our Chinese friends as it only cost £15) ,bought it from a fishing tackle shop almost 40 years ago .In Feb of this year i went to the dark side and got my first PCP(Gamo GX40 .22)and have to say i am delighted with it ,very accurate , fitted with Hawke optics and a Hogan moderator to keep things nice and quiet. Have got my eye on a Brocock Sniper XR but need more Brownie points from the Mrs so may take a while:)

Good morning!

I'm new to this forum, and new to woodworking in general. My Dad was doing it for years - back in my teenage years, I was up on his new shed, doing the felting for him. However, it's only since we lost him to dementia at the start of the year that I've realised what I've been missing out on. So, a garden shed clear out was followed by a few purchases, and now it's a hobby!

I'm a keen air rifle shooter, and I've had some custom stocks made for me in the past by someone who has become a mate. He's been a great help in getting me set up to do a few bits myself, I still have a lot to learn, particularly on machinery and tooling, hence me joining here.

However, the first project is well on the way...

Cheers,
Chris.
Hello Chris, Welcome nice stock work, hand crafted stock here where I live in Wisconsin brings a pretty price and are always in demand.
Welcome and Have A Great Day.

Back