hegner multicut 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike48

Reaction score
hi there i am a new at this game,i bought a 2nd hand hegner multicut 2 a few months ago but cannot keep blades in it tried all different types of blades, even bought new blade holders from hegner. used different timbers but the blades keep coming out the holders.if anyone can help me with problem .cheers mike

Hi Mike and welcome

You should be able to fit the blades OK
Someone will be along shortly to help you

Hi MIke First of all a very warm welcome to the forum,the second is honestly I find it difficult to understand the problem that you are experiencing.I have the Multicut 1 machine same blade set up.
The only time a blade should come out is by not tightening it up fully.You also say that you have bought new clamps and still have the same problem.If you are using a clock key that Hegner supply,you must not be putting the blade far enough in before tightening.This is a first for Hegner I think. :roll:

Bryan

Have you by any chance bought the clamps with the 1mm gap?
The standard size is 0.7mm gap and the 1mm is for large blade sizes (From size 9).
Cant think what else it could be!

I think Phil has hit the nail on the head, I think you may have the larger clamps, whch are for a number 9 blade and upwards and not many of us use blades that course. I think the clamp with the smaller gap is the 0.5. I have quite a few of these and I use number 7 blades and smaller, a lot smaller and never had a problem with the clamps not holding the blade.

Another cause of the blade coming adrift from the clamp is oil and grease within the clamp and also oil on the blades, you can clean the clamps by taking the alen blt out from the right hand side and running a piece of abrasive through the clamp a few times. If you do this be careful you don't lose the little silver inset at the end of the bolt and make sure it is clean when you put it back. Please let us know the outsome to your problem.

thanks to everyone for the help.i think i am using the right blades for the clamps,do you think i might be getting the tension wrong

Back