Hegner Foot or Hold Down Arm 'mystery'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hagheidAl

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm hoping someone out there can explain the purpose of a part of the Hold Down Arm which came with my used Hegner? Attached to the foot is a vertical rod with a bend @ approx 20Degs. half way up. Can't find anything on the Net & even visitors to the workshop are flummoxed. Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2864.jpeg
    IMG_2864.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2865.jpeg
    IMG_2865.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
That looks to be an old saw . My Hegner has a blue cast metal arm and the hold down has no extension . I wonder if Hegner intended it to be a handle or is it a DIY add on ?

Thanks recipio but it's not an add on. Here's other examples from the Net of the part(s) from a e-sales site

Attachments

• hegner hold down clamp.png
    hegner hold down clamp.png
    77 KB · Views: 0
  • Hegner hold down arm & clamp.png
    Hegner hold down arm & clamp.png
    339.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks guys, The parts from the Hegner site show a difference in this pin design though. It's formed as a loop as opposed to the others I've come across. I thought Hegner would have come up with a far sweeter design than this effort, which could prove a real nuisance in your line of sight. I think I'll swing in out of the way and leave the cutting path unencumbered by such a feeble contraption.

Early version was the simple pin, later version is the loop shape. It's intended as a basic finger grab for adjustment of the foot and also as a finger guard. Both types often loose this part over time, it either falls off or gets removed.

It is primitive but then these saws are very simple in their construction and design reliability is their strong point.

Back