Hegner Accessories

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benwoodham

Reaction score
Hi guys i am hopefully ordering a new hegner multicut 2s this week and need a bit of advise i have seen that mikes FD blades are the best and will be ordering some of them to try too.

but i cannot for the life of me find the quick release or the extra bottom clamps so i can have differnent blades half ready can someone please post the links to them for me also is there anything else i have missed while reading up on the hegner accessories wise that you would recommended ?

thanks in advance

Hi Ben. You have made the best choice with regards to your saw and the blades. FD blades are by far the best. As far as clamps go I use the 0.5 clamps. These take number 3, 5 and seven blades without any problems and I have used these for years. As Steve has said, the quick release clamp knob and extra clamps come as standard.

stevebuk":peo3w4wa said:
hi ben
the quick release top clamp comes as standard on the multi cut 2, and it also comes with about 3 /4 clamps anyway, if you intend to sit at the machine a foot switch is brilliant, most on this forum have them and wouldn't be without it.

Second item down on this page..
http://www.hegner.co.uk/catalog/partlis ... oryID=6954

Steve,

thanks for that info will not have to worry about ordering extras, i do intend to sit at the machine for a long time and get lots of use out of it but a fot switch is not really a option i am a T3 paraplegic i would like a way to switch the machine on and off without taking my hand off the work piece but cannot think of a way round it at the moment.

benwoodham":37bjeqxm said:
Hi guys i am hopefully ordering a new hegner multicut 2s this week and need a bit of advise i have seen that mikes FD blades are the best and will be ordering some of them to try too.

If you get stuck for blades I have used the Niqua reverse tooth blades for many years and found them to be very good.
http://www.alwayshobbies.com/tools/hand ... s-for-wood

I have been using Flying Dutchman blades from Mikes workshop but in fairness I don't find them much different from the Niqua blades?

I also tried the Oslen blades but was not impressed.

(Hegner also sell the reverse tooth blades in a wider range of sizes than Hobbies)

scrimper":qayz7chm said:
benwoodham":qayz7chm said:

If you get stuck for blades I have used the Niqua reverse tooth blades for many years and found them to be very good.
http://www.alwayshobbies.com/tools/hand ... s-for-wood

I have been using Flying Dutchman blades from Mikes workshop but in fairness I don't find them much different from the Niqua blades?

I also tried the Oslen blades but was not impressed.

(Hegner also sell the reverse tooth blades in a wider range of sizes than Hobbies)

Cheers for that Scrimper i will try out the Niqua and see if i can get hegner to throw in some blades when i do the order, I always find it best to try everything as everyone has a personal preference

benwoodham":34bvolbk said:
stevebuk":34bvolbk said:
hi ben
the quick release top clamp comes as standard on the multi cut 2, and it also comes with about 3 /4 clamps anyway, if you intend to sit at the machine a foot switch is brilliant, most on this forum have them and wouldn't be without it.

Steve,

thanks for that info will not have to worry about ordering extras, i do intend to sit at the machine for a long time and get lots of use out of it but a fot switch is not really a option i am a T3 paraplegic i would like a way to switch the machine on and off without taking my hand off the work piece but cannot think of a way round it at the moment.

Offhand, ('scuse the pun) I can't think of a way to fit a switch to use without taking your hand from the work, but removing one hand from the work shouldn't be a problem. You could fit an NVR switch near the front of the top arm by making a plywood bracket to fit where the hold down arm fits. This might not make much sense until you have got the saw, but I could probably make a drawing or photoshop a photo of the saw to show what I mean.

Martin.

martinka":39um3cxq said:
benwoodham":39um3cxq said:
stevebuk":39um3cxq said:
hi ben

Steve,

Offhand, ('scuse the pun) I can't think of a way to fit a switch to use without taking your hand from the work, but removing one hand from the work shouldn't be a problem. You could fit an NVR switch near the front of the top arm by making a plywood bracket to fit where the hold down arm fits. This might not make much sense until you have got the saw, but I could probably make a drawing or photoshop a photo of the saw to show what I mean.

Martin.

Hi Martin,

i think i get what you mean a switch on the top arm near the front would be in finger tips reach when working so would be quicker to use than the standard switch

Just to udate you guys i have taken the plunge and my hegner is here i went for the multi 2 with variable speed i have checked it all works and really suprised how quiet it is compared to others that i have used and i am currently building a workbench to make it a suitable height for my wheelchair and looking at a remote top arm mounted switch.

Good on ya Ben , you have bought the right saw by all accounts . When you have it set up to your satisfaction you will be away with the mixer . :lol:

Welcome to the forum and may you have many great years of enjoyment with your saw . God Bless .

Ben.

Regarding a switch for your Hegner, without removing your hand from the work piece. Have you considered an air pressure switch, which operates by mouth giving a small blow for on, slight suck for off.

The switch itself would probably not switch the motor current of the saw, but that could be overcome by using the mouth switch, to switch a relay/contactor, sufficient to carry the saw, motor current.

Having suggested the above, I am afraid that I don’t know who supplies such switches, but I am sure if you contacted one of the disability organisations, they could help or at least point you in the right direction.

I can not use a foot switch as I have to sit at the saw, due to having Multiple Sclerosis, but I have fitted a stop switch, which is just below my right hand, so just have to drop my hand onto it.

Hope this is of help.

Chris R.

benwoodham":56b7fmn7 said:
Just to udate you guys i have taken the plunge and my hegner is here i went for the multi 2 with variable speed i have checked it all works and really suprised how quiet it is compared to others that i have used and i am currently building a workbench to make it a suitable height for my wheelchair and looking at a remote top arm mounted switch.

Congrat's on the purchase, Ben, I am sure you will enjoy it. Have a look at the NVR switches from Axminster for a top mounted switched. Nice big red button that's easy to hit without having to look for it. I used this one on my lathe. There's a smaller one but it still needs fitting into a box.

Martin.

Latest posts

Back