Heads up.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, but not widely advertised, it's gonna cause panic.

Pretty widely reported imho.

It will have test across it.
Yep. Media and SM has been going about it for months. What happens if your phone is off, out of area or emergency alert in settings is disabled, phone on silent, can you still use the phone if you don’t respond to the alert etc, etc.

Last edited:
Just out of interest, have they given examples of the nature of the alerts you might get?

Down here, we get earthquake alerts (usually only seconds before they hit) but I can't see that being an issue in the UK.

Just out of interest, have they given examples of the nature of the alerts you might get?

Down here, we get earthquake alerts (usually only seconds before they hit) but I can't see that being an issue in the UK.
Jacob out for a cycle ride, perhaps ? :)

On a more serious note, if you do know of anyone who is, perhaps, the victim in an abusive relationship or in a coercive control relationship and who you know has a clandestine mobile then please tell them how to disable the Emergency Alert setting.

Probably we'll get a text and live updates when some lesser known celebrity dies or when Simon cowell falls off his electric bike!!

Probably we'll get a text and live updates when some lesser known celebrity dies or when Simon cowell falls off his electric bike!!
Reality is almost as bad. If it was reserved for the four minute warning I'd accept it. Even the odd important announcement e.g. "the King is dead". From what I hear stateside people turn them off as a nuisance. A careless parent lost their child twenty minutes ago. It may have been 200 miles away but the Amber Alert is significant enough you must break off from whatever you were doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Android users can turn this off.

Search for 'Emergency' in settings disable them.

Or don't. I mean the whole point is that you get to know about the "End of Days" as the same time as your friends and neighbours.

I hope the alarm starts quietly and ramps up in volume. I wouldn't like to be in traffic if it goes off suddenly and loudly, that's going to give drivers a proper fright. I won't be driving that's for sure.

It'll be interesting to hear the volume of several thousand phones all going off at once at the two Premier league footy matches taking place at that time.

£21m for only 3 odd rings. Bit of an anti climax. Easy to miss.

not that great - didn't seem to last long

2 out of 3 phones here didn't work anyway , both ON - O2 & Vodafone , my EE worked

Had nothing, no warning.

But then again, if I'm about to be vaporised I'm not sure I want to be warned.

Back