Hawk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenfield Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys and gals have Cooper's Hawks in the UK ?
This one comes to my back yard all the time lookng for birds. I took this picture from my workshop the other day.

Bob

206278719.jpg

Bob

Impressive looking bird, great picture. I don't think we get Cooper's Hawks over here. The predator I see most regularly in my garden is a sparrow hawk which has amazing speed and manoeuvrability. All the other birds disappear for a while when he/she? is around.

Regards.

Shultzy, great looking pitures.
I like pictures of Hawks, Eagles, and Falcons.

Evergreen, When the Cooper's Hawk comes around our birds disappear also.

Bob

This is a shot I took of a nesting pair of Bald Eagles this summer whilst on a boat returning from a whale watching trip from Anacortes, about 80 miles north of Seattle. Slight lack of sharpness due to a combination of using 12x zoom hand held from the deck of a boat rolling around in a swell!

ebeef402.jpg

... and yes, we did see some whales!

ebeef024.jpg

RogerM":1xmr1jbc said:
This is a shot I took of a nesting pair of Bald Eagles this summer whilst on a boat returning from a whale watching trip from Anacortes, about 80 miles north of Seattle. Slight lack of sharpness due to a combination of using 12x zoom hand held from the deck of a boat rolling around in a swell!

ebeef402.jpg

... and yes, we did see some whales!

ebeef024.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: Would be better if they where humbacks or blues.I`m so going to devon.I just hope they and all the other wildlife survive/d the oil spile.

cheers

Carl

Great shot Bob!
The closest we get is the Steppe Buzzard.
Living next to a nature reserve, the raptors tend to keep away from the residential gardens.
They can be seen circling above the reserve, especially the Black Eagle. Now and again in daytime we can see the Spotted Eagle Owl.
:D 8)

This is Jude...

JudeMedium.jpg

My Fathers Harris Hawk which he hunts with here in Somerset...

I took this pic last year she was one at the time and had almost lost her lighter juvenille plumage, this year she is a darker brown all over.

Lee

That's a fabulous shot, Lee. It's something I always fancied taking up. What sort of quarters does your Dad have for the bird?

I had a days falconry down at Newent and we took a Harris out in the afternoon to go after rabbits.

In the morning, we handled the many of the birds and having an eagle on the end of your arm looking at you like the hawk in your picture is unnerving.

Hi Roger

Thanks for the comments, she has her own shed that has a bench at waist height going half way across and her bow perch is attached to that he also has her weighing scales and his glove, bag etc. hanging around it's like a little palace for her... He hunts with her every day in the winter and loves every minute of it.

I used to go with him but due to getting run over years ago by a bus It's caught up with me and I can't walk very far now and one thing you need to be with hawking is fit...

It is a fantastic hobby and you wouldn't regret it but as with any living thing they do take up your time all year round so you really need to think carefully before you do it... :wink:

Latest posts

Back