Have you noticed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodstainwilly

Established Member
Reaction score
When I was younger it was get ready to go to dances
and party's etc. Now it is get ready to go to funerals.
My third tomorrow since Christmas. :cry: :cry:

Yeah. I have one to go to tomorrow.
A Good Mate, who could converse about virtually anything, (Often in German) and the only man ever to call me Sir, because he wanted to.

RIP Reg.

Hello Willy,

Yo have started something there. My friend Brian sent me a cheery e-mail just before Christmas, and died the next day. He was 65.
A week after that, my best friend phoned to say that he has bowel cancer - he is just about to slip off this mortal coil as I write. He is 64.
Has anyone got any spare friends, as I have just run out :cry: :cry:

Regards....Dick.

Thankfully that has been my task for some years, fingers crossed.

Roy.

Cegidfa":3o7aexm9 said:
Hello Willy,

Has anyone got any spare friends, as I have just run out :cry: :cry:

Regards....Dick.

Precisely how I feel Dick.

I am the last of the 'Three Musty-Peers' as we were known.
:(

Hello John,

One can easily feel 'why me' when, patently, there are millions of people in the same situation ..... and far, far worse.
But the 'cunning plan' of our 'design' - that our view of the world, and personal matters, modifies as we get older is very useful.
This allows for acceptance, without sorrow detracting from the life left. But one can still reflect in quiet moments.
I hold 'alternate' views on many things; the classic being, are you an optimist or a pessimist? My take is that a pessimist has nothing to knock them off their pedestal, but the optimist is heading for a fall at every opportunity. :) :shock: I suppose one could call pessimism pragmatism? :evil:
So on that philosophical note, I will end.......

Regards.....Dick.

I am an optimist I think Dick..

I suppose I will find more friends, but as I go out less and less these days, it might be some time. Perhaps I will take to walking with a group of 'ramblers', or join U3A? Well, maybe when I can spare the time from the shop! :)

Dear All, I think that I have had a worse experience. The week before last the son of frieds died aged 28. Yes, he had epilepsy and did not take his medical advice fully to heart so perhaps it was not entirely unexpected, none the less very sad. Then just after that I had a call from a former colleague to say that one of our former workmates had died after having chest pains but the hospital 'checked' and then discharged him. The next day, more chest pains and he died on the way to hospital; age 42.

Unfortunately both funerals were on the same day. The one I went to was at a 'Woodland' burial ground. It was really moving.

I really count every day as a blessing.

Phil.

Hello Roger,

Please don't think that I have gone all morbid, I haven't. It's just that when one loses a friend that shares all of your interests, it knocks one back for a bit.
But down isn't out. There's life in the old dog yet. Of course I haven't forgotten all the friends on the forum. I never expected to get so many friendly and helpful replies to my workshop build - and to think I nearly didn't do it :shock: I had 645 hits on the write up in the last 24 hours, unbelieveable....that so many people would be interested in my drivel. But I love the interaction with people all over the place, from Kirk in America, pulling each others legs, to Dibs in Yorkshire offering continued support and advice, and many others - you know who you are :D :D :D

By the way, regarding your tag line, have you thought of adding a Raspberry Pi to make up your fruit quota - check it out on Wikipedia.
Dibs, if you are reading this, it might interest you too.

Best wishes to all....Dick.

Strange this bit about losing people, I seem to have gained one.
I have recently discovered that I have a half brother, or possibly sister. After my mother was killed my father met up with a lady and had a brief affair before separating, apparently there was an off spring!

Roy.

So true about friends on the forum... But Berwick is a good stretch for a quick coffee and a chat Dodge. Not that I wouldn't make the trek. It's been a while since I saw the Tweed! I do appreciate you sentiments of course.

As for counting everyday as a blessing, I suppose I do. I don't think about it too much though, and I plan and plan, always having something to look forward to. yes, I know our plans are Nature's way of hiding a surprise, but I still don't want to ask myself, every day, 'Is this the day that...' Well you know what I mean. So I plan. :lol:

Latest posts

Back