Have i done the right thing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but for a more detailed answer please ring the number at the bottom of the ad and speak to the owner. Thank you
Call them and see it they'll put it on a pallet. If they will then get one of the pallet delivery companies to deliver it to you. It will be cheaper than the time and fuel to get it yourself.

Wizard,

I have a Meddings scroll saw...cost me £26 and £5 of fuel oh and a nearly strained back as two big guys lifted it onto my trailer. Mine weighs 237kg.

Its now variable speed via a small gadget bought from Hong Kong for 2.85 inc post&pack.

Working now on turning it from pinned blades to pinless.

Unlike modern scroll saws it simply has no vibration, cutting rates are a probably a bit faster, accuracy is remarkable, I use mine standing up as it has a massive 3/8 in steel base mounted on two 4 in square bits of tube.

Downsides are the imperial screw threads, the general greasy outer when received and the need to change the oil in the gearbox plus the change to pinless blades is not yet complete due to a lack of a spare upper piston/cyclinder.

Good buy though

its home

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,732
wizard":3ovn32k8 said:
been cuting 1/2" alloy today

I know exactly what that is, you could do well selling those on ebay as the originals break as soon as you attach them to the drill, as you obviously know. Temped to make you an offer for it.

Back