Has Range Rover lost the plot ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Have you seen the new Range Rover :shock:

Looks , Er , well ,Er , Well , Er

I am lost for words

Its Horrid #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Hi, Blister

Have a look at the Nissan Joke, sorry Juke.

Pete

I like it ...... so it must be chavvy :D

I also like the Juke ......... there again I'm not stuck in 1972 like a lot of the forum members :lol: :lol:

Eeeh when I wer' a lad, 10 of us lived in tut shoebox ...............

Is it the one that was on Top Gear? I sorta liked it, once I've seen a few of the people who drive them and how they do I'm sure that'll change!

doctor Bob":mkc2yndi said:
I like it ...... so it must be chavvy :D

I also like the Juke ......... there again I'm not stuck in 1972 like a lot of the forum members :lol: :lol:

Luxury Pure Luxury

Thanks for the comments Chavvy :wink:

That design is sooo, like 1972 dudes

Storm_Trooper_pooping.jpg

Oh my GOD! it's the Nissan jokes bigger brother! :shock: Anyway what is meant by a crossover? is it the latest buzzword for cr*p? :roll:

James May loved it and it's the baby of the family - I think based on the Freelander?

Rod

Jaguar/Land Rover are making big profits at the moment, mostly in their export markets.

Clearly somebody likes them!

I'm with Allen. It looks like a reject from the Tonka toy factory. Someone had an aesthetic judgment by-pass.

Anyway, I'm stuck in the 60's not the 70's, that was another decade that taste forgot :shock:

doctor Bob":24a2c7z4 said:

You were lucky, there were twelve of us and all we had was a tissue box........... :D :D :D :D...bosshogg

I don't like it. And why this trend for "crossovers"? They're just slightly larger, less economical hatchbacks, and 2WD. I know it's a niche market for people who want the looks of a 4WD without the running costs, but if they're so concerned about money then why spend a lot more initially for one of these, and then more in the long run over a regular car?

If you want a macho 4x4, then what's wrong with a Defender? OR one of these I'm not convinced about the seat material though! :lol:

Incidentally I was at Silverstone last weekend for the Le Mans series and they had the new MG6 driving round - it looks to me like a cross between a Ford Mondeo and a Toyota Avensis. Again, why? I know it's MG's relaunch but I doubt that it will sell as it's trying to conform to a certain design style in a market lead by the big companies.

I hate it (hammer)

We looked at 4x4s briefly in January for my wife as she'd been "wittering on" for months. She wanted a mini countryman but far too expensive in 4 wheel guise and ended up buying another mini hatch.
We did however look closely at a Skoda Yeti and though I couldn't bring myself to spend £20k+ on such a stupidly named vehicle, I grudgingly admit that it was more than a little impressive. :?

Bob

Four wheel drives should have canvas tops, leaking or canvas doors, squab cushions, and under emergancy conditions be used for ploughing. Anything else is just a car!

Gareth

My answer to the original question is: Yes, they have lost the plot. This is a dreadful looking car, the coupe version even more so. Who would spend that sort of money and only get a three door!! I think the interior looks a great deal better than the outside, and the quoted fuel consumption for the diesel version is impressive (compared to my Discovery's 27 mpg - thank heavens I only do about 5000 miles per annum!!). But overall impression is: Yuk!!

Mike.

Saw one yesterday when we picked our new (secondhand) car up at the local Landrover dealer.

It looks like some one has got a old shape one and stood on the back.

Tom

It's certainly a bit different and I sort of like it. I don't think thy have lost the plot their sales have never been so good, they are still the bench Mark for off road.

Someone must like it as its completely sold out and mrs v beckham styled the interior
Must admit I like it too
Dave

Back