Has anyone used this

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razornut

Established Member
Reaction score
46f88702a9463ac6f62dbf67ecedadd5.jpg
as I'm looking into getting. It and a review from you learned gentlemen would go a long way to making up my mind :mrgreen::mrgreen:

live life to the fullest. You only get one. at least in most cultures. :-S

It looks like a knock-off of the Tormek system. There are loads of people with lots to say about Tormeks on here- do a search.
Really it depends on how well made it is. The original Tormeks are well made bits of kit. Dunno about this version though.

I have the Tormek version and it is a joy to use. My downfall with woodturning was tool sharpening. After purchasing the Tormek sharpening became simples!

The design of that machine looks very similar to the Tormek so I can't see why it won't do the job. Don't know about reliability with it, the Tormek is a really well made bit of kit and the jigs are excellent but you do have to pay the price for this.

Vic

It looks exactly identical to a Sheppach Tiger 2000. I have one, I assume that a genuine Tormek is better, though I haven't used one to know. The Sheppach has been OK for plane and chisel sharpening, and even for things like axes and drawknives, though patience and contortions can be necessary.

I don't use the leather wheel for sharpening, but it can put a nice shine on knife bevels etc if you are a toolmaker.

Back