Has anyone got this book - is it any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

Established Member
Reaction score
As an Xcalibur user, this books bias toward this type of saw is tempting. Also, from the limited amount I can see on Amazon, it seems to have some good content. Anyone own this book and able to give more of an insight?

Book

Thanks in advance...

Yes,I have it,thanks :lol:

Good book,well worth a read.
Although American,still full of useful information for the European market.
Covers anatomy and types of saws;blades;safety;tablesaw workstation;techniques for ripping,crosscutting and joint making.
Well-written,easy to read,lots of good pictures and top tips.

I'll stop now,and no,I'm not on commission :lol:

Andrew

Matt
Yes-this is the book for Xcaliber owners! Kelly also made a DVD to go with this book. I really recommend getting it.
It shows how to set the saws up and how to use them safely. A real eye-opener as I assumed all Yankees worked like Norm :wink: He is a real safety nut and spends a lot of time on this subject.
So yup-a thumbs up!
Cheers
Philly :D

As an alternative, I have Tablesaw - Methods of Work by Jim Richey which is a collection of the best tips from 25 years of Fine Woodworking. Another worthwhile read :)

Dennis

Hi Matt

I have Xcaliber and also the book, highly recommended and extremely relevant especially with the US safety devices on the Xcaliber and how to work with them, use jigs and tuning the saw as well.

Latest posts

Back