Harrogate woodworking show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving it a miss this year and looking at doing the one next year, there are suppliers I would have liked to have seen but are not going this year which made the decision easier. So adding up the money saved in tickets and getting there will give me a pot that will be spent online so not a total loss.

well it definitely got busier. When I left about 12:15 there was a very long queue to get into Harrogate and the YSG. Picked up a few things. Had a good demo of the scraper plane from Veritas rep. Ashley Iles didn't have the carving gouges I was after, so just ordered a few from Toolnut.

Oh and the bacon sandwich from Fodder was outstanding :)

An enjoyable morning spent at the Harrogate show. The highlight for me was handling Skelton saws for the first time and chatting with Shane Skelton who I hadn't met before.
The saws are exquisite, I've got lost in the Skelton website on more than one occasion, mulling over which saw I would choose.
Seems I should get a move on, Shane tells me he has a year long waiting list and I can't imagine that will be getting any shorter any time soon.

A good day out today. Spent lots on nice veneers. Also Classic hand tools were selling off David Charlesworths workshop contents so some good buys

Was good. Some vendors from last time missing (that had stuff I would have wanted), but got to have a quick chat with Nick (Laguna) and Richard Jones. Interesting carving exhibitions; not really my thing but impressive.

A reasonable number of younger people there too (as in, I saw a few people under 50 ;) )

Amazed how many people were buying (and walking around with) large chunks of timber.

I went today and enjoyed myself, it was unbelievably busy when I turned up just after lunch but it eased up later on. Bring food, I rarely leave anything but £8.95 for a manky chicken and leek pie, cold chips and colder gravy was just too much. The garden peas were quite nice though.

It was the first time I've been and it seemed to be the woodturning show, I don't have a lathe (ahem, yet) so ended up admiring the finished product but moving on quite quickly. Lots of classic tools for sale but I don't know what's what just yet so kept hold of my cash.

Almost bought a Record Power AC400, but didn't. Walked out with 10 pairs of gloves for £14.00 instead :rolleyes:

I have been going to the Harrogate show for about 8 years now, this year was noticeably different, the Axminster stand was smaller than last time and the only machinery they had were lathes (useless to me), they also didn't have their range of hand tools which I thought slightly odd. There was no trend stand at all, and Peter Sefton was not in attendance.

I'm in the market for a new p/t and thought there might be at least a couple to look at, but the only one in the whole show was on the Felder stand and it was their smallest model.

I did spend quite a bit on the classic hand tools stand though as usual 😁

Overall it's worth the price of a ticket but it seems every year it's more and more about turning.

Matt

Called in yesterday as it is only down the road for me. Really enjoyed it, some great advice on offer from the vendors.

Much busier than expected... And busier than the vendors expected.... Which is encouraging!

Just arrived. Much quieter than previously
Off to Fodder for my annual Ultimate breakfast sandwich 🥓
Well i thought it was much busier, I drove down the A1 for 60 miles to the A59 and from the A59 it was nose to tail all the way to the show which took an hour to do approx 4 to 5 miles and then spent a fortune on gear

Latest posts

Back