Harrogate whose going this weekend ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
and would anyone like to meet up for a coffee and chat.

Yup - I'll be there demonstrating too - Just loaded a big hire van up with some nice shiny black Laguna machines :)

I look forward to meeting any UKWW members and getting your reaction to the machines - Stop by and say 'Hi' if you can.

We air-freighted these samples in to make sure they were here in time - crunch, not cheap! but Harrogate is the best show in UK and didn't want to miss the opportunity.

Cheers,
Nick

Cheers Glynne, feel free to drop by if you get a chance - We are asking for a 10% deposit on the first machines to come in next year - ha, does that count as a 90% discount? ;)

I'll be there each day, keeping a bit of an eye on the LAP offshoot of the Classic Hand Tools stand, so I'll be happy to meet people if they drop by. Slainte.

Peter Sefton":lfbjipr8 said:
I need to come by and pick up a copy of your book, see you tomorrow. Cheers Peter
I look forward to it Peter, but you're surely not telling me you've read the copy you already have so much that all the pages and words on them have fallen apart or faded away, are you, ha, ha? Slainte.

Heading off in half an hour, staying in Wetherby, show tomorrow, Chester zoo on Saturday, home on Sunday or maybe Monday.
I was going to be looking for a new planer/thicknesser but a few hours after I bought tickets and booked a hotel, a second hand, like new 106 Axminster turned up on Gumtree 20 miles away from home.
Sod's law but it leaves more room for taking home different goodies, haven't mentioned that to the management yet but it won't come as a huge surprise I'm sure.

Well I'll definately be there Saturday and possibly Sunday. If anyone actually wants to talk to me, I'll be wandering around wearing a cork fedora and an anti dolphin pro tuna T-shirt. Would be nice to meet peeps from here, even Jacob. In fact, I'd love to have a proper chat with him over a coffee or cuppa, there is much we do agree on even if it is only about sharpening ;)

Hot stuff":6zjqvhwm said:
Heading off in half an hour, staying in Wetherby, show tomorrow, Chester zoo on Saturday, home on Sunday.

Took the kids to Chester Zoo a few weeks ago, the bat cave is amazing!!!

Just got back.

Was very busy (busier today than it was last year on the saturday). Bacon and Sausage sandwich was OK from the Cafe outside :)

I wasn't expecting any bargains, and prices are pretty much what are available on the web for anything major.

However, i did drop on a mallet for a fiver (sat in a bargain bin on one of those generic tool stalls), a marking knife (£5), a burnisher (£10, both crown tools).

Got some good advice on adjusting the truing wheel on my bandsaw from RP. Nearly pushed the button on a BDS150 sander (don't have the space for the BDS250 or I would have bought that).

It was nice to talk to Peter Sefton, Matt Estlea and David Barron (damn he makes those little dovetails look easy).

Followed it up with a trip to Duffield Timber ( about 10 mile further north near Melmerby if you don't know it)- spent more there than at the show ;-)

I would be interested in any impressions of the new Axy Craft tablesaw if anyone got up close with it. Apparently they have it there...

I'm there tomorrow and looking forward to it. Hoping to pick up some diamond stones and some festool additions. I was hoping for a few show deals but might have to wait till black Friday.
I'll look out for the dolphin t shirt, I'll have a flat cap on!
I'm up for a coffee and a pie.

I'm there Saturday, 7.45 am start.
No distinguishing features, just an old git among hundreds of similar show attendees. :wink:

I now have an autographed copy of Richard's book to tuck away until Christmas - he was doing a stalwart job and a brisk trade :)

Peter Parfitt was demonstrating on Axminster's stand to a strong crowd at the time I passed by and Axminster had a substantial display of the new white ultimate edge sharpening kit with pretty much all of the accessories there to see in use and (I think) pre-order. It is costly but it looks good. Well thought out and well made.

As this was only my second visit to the NE show, I had plenty to see and a good day out.

Just got back after a 240 mile round trip.
Went more for inspiration rather than needing to buy stuff and still spent £160!
Said hello to Peter & Sarah Sefton and as always, he takes the time out to have a chat without any suggestion of you buying anything.
Introduced myself to Richard Jones and had a look at his amazing book and then had a look at the Laguna kit. Not the cheapest but the 14/12 bandsaw looks really good and a lot more solid and better engineered than my Record BS350.
Watched an excellent turning demonstration by Les Thorne which is the best I’ve seen for a long time.
Lots of other stuff, big Axminster stand, Trend and the usual suspects and Avery good show. Busy today but evidently nowhere near Friday which everyone, including the car park attendants described as manic.
Should be a good day if you’re going Sunday.

Back