harrogate show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anybody planning to go to the Harrogate show on the Friday?

I'm going to Harrogate on Friday for a day/night out and the show on Saturday. Probably not a lot in Harrogate but it's a good excuse for a meal out :D

there are a few things to see in harrogate- it is a nice place to have a walk around for a day.

Me too on Saturday, I've gone on Friday the last couple of years and the traffic home is horrible.

Was wondering about going, but after a nightmare drive down to Edinburgh and back yesterday, the thought of the extra 200 miles to Harrogate is too off-putting. Maybe next year.............!
Incidentally, I see Brodies show was listed for earlier in the year, but missed it. Did anyone get there and was it any good?

We are probably going on the Saturday, taking the wife and kids though, making it a bit of a day out. We also want to see a couple of posh kitchen shops in Harrogate to get some storage ideas for when I make the kitchen. The missus has a huge collection of ideas already so will be converting some of these to sketchup soon.

One shop has the new Miele range cooker being launched, 14K I believe!! I thought this was steep but evidently it is the norm if you buy a Wolf cooker - gulp, and they sell them down the same street, Station Road I think. Thankfully the missus doesn't want one - phew!

Is there much for kids to do at the show? Both daughters love making things.

Farmer Giles":2zrgmkkn said:
Is there much for kids to do at the show? Both daughters love making things.

not much at all that I recall. there are a lot of demos, particularly turning. I justify going on the basis of saving a few quid on postage here and there. I want the hope sanding system, for which the postage is £7, an Ashley Giles chisel, maybe a piece of brown oak from British hardwoods. I catch a bit of some demos, but I struggle to stretch it out to a full day. obviously, others go for different reasons.

I am 10 miles away. if I was further afield, I would probably try and get more from it.

phil.p":2aidtgt6 said:
Dick - closer to you than to me :lol:
True, but at least there are events like Yandles nearer to you. There's effectively nothing north of the Border now. OK, I know, our fault for not enough of us patronising the old Ingliston show. Ho hum.

I am going early Friday. There is enough to see for a couple of hours.

Paul Sellers was demo-ing last year, I think he is there this year as well. Vic Tesolin as well.

It is good place to get hands on with workshop machinery if you are mulling a purchase.

There was some decent Festool discounts on one stall as well.

Same critisicim remains though: it's in need of break out rooms with a proper schedule of demonstrators with QA sessions etc. All the demos are done on the stalls where room is cramped and it's too hard to see...

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back