Harrogate Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Copeland

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

Who's all going to the Harrogate Show (The North of England Woodworking & Power Tool Show) this year?

My local woodturning club is putting on a bus for us so I'm heading there on the Sunday and I'm looking for a belt sander at a good price!

Jamie

I'm going on Friday. life got in the way the last two years, looking forward to some overdue treats this time. :D

Peter Sefton":2d9t9xc4 said:
Should be a good show, pop by and say hello if you get a chance.
Cheers Peter
I have seen you there in the past but never bothered you because your rather out of my league and I'd be embarrassed by my ignorance, HOWEVER, I've just been having a look at your website; I rather like the look of that Incra t-track with the integrated scale, I might just have to bother you after all.

Could do a lot worse Mike than buy from Peter. I bought a table insert a router raiser and extension and Peter and his missus ( I think ) sorted the delay problems from the USA and kept me fully informed. Nice people to do business with.

I expect to be there on Friday as well.

Bob

Honest John":2ry4qc8n said:
I'm going on the Friday. I leave the weekend for the younger poor sods that still have to work !

Which lots of people do and it becomes self-defeating! The Friday is always packed to the brim and Saturday and Sunday are much quieter. It seems many of the visitors don't have to work!
Ergo, if you want a bit more room to move and to be able to spend more time with the exhibitors (and you're still able to) a visit on Saturday or Sunday might be a bit more enjoyable.

Whichever day you come along, please do come along and say hello!

monkeybiter":3bzgwnct said:
Peter Sefton":3bzgwnct said:
Should be a good show, pop by and say hello if you get a chance.
Cheers Peter
I have seen you there in the past but never bothered you because your rather out of my league and I'd be embarrassed by my ignorance, HOWEVER, I've just been having a look at your website; I rather like the look of that Incra t-track with the integrated scale, I might just have to bother you after all.

Not out of anybodies league at all and at the show to demonstrate and help any woodworkers if I can. Always good to see new faces but I am useless at remembering names!

The website is new so glad you like it, but it's always good to see the tools in the flesh if you can, hope to see you at the show.

Cheers Peter

Lons":315ac99t said:
Could do a lot worse Mike than buy from Peter. I bought a table insert a router raiser and extension and Peter and his missus ( I think ) sorted the delay problems from the USA and kept me fully informed. Nice people to do business with.

I expect to be there on Friday as well.

Bob

Thanks Bob, my wife Sarah and the guys in the tool shop do always try and update customers. Not all of the imports go as planned but most are fairly quick and customers are usually very understanding when kept informed.

Cheers Peter

Terry Smart":3c23ztrk said:
Which lots of people do and it becomes self-defeating! The Friday is always packed to the brim and Saturday and Sunday are much quieter. It seems many of the visitors don't have to work!

Crikey! I have been on the Saturday for the past few years and it's busy enough for me. I remember about 3 years ago we seemd to get dragged along with the torrent of people.

Matt

undergroundhunter":2j0bnk3v said:
Terry Smart":2j0bnk3v said:

Crikey! I have been on the Saturday for the past few years and it's busy enough for me. I remember about 3 years ago we seemd to get dragged along with the torrent of people.

Matt

Fridays are usually the busiest day, Sundays are great if you want to take your time and have a chat with the demonstrators or exhibitors.

Cheers Peter

I've always been on Sundays before, Friday this time because I'm working, F/S/S nights.
If it's too busy it might stop me spending too much.

I'll be there for the full 3 days. Booked in a nice hotel round the corner, picking up a few Christmas pressies for the wife in Harrogate, maybe a visit to Betty's (if it's still there), but most of the time will be spent at the exhibits and buying tools I don't even know I need yet!

Sounds like Sunday will be the quietest, but my main reason for being there is picking up some timber for upcoming projects as the selection in the NW is poor.
Should I brace the Friday crowds or will there be a chance of decent boards left on Sunday?

British hardwoods normally have a good selection , but I think you'll get a better pick on Friday normally by Sunday all the best will have gone
Regards David

Me and my lad will be up there on Saturday for a day out and maybe Sunday too if we feel we need more time - Looking forward to a boys weekend away!

Latest posts

Back