Hardwoods In Leicestershire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

narrowboater

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I moves to south Leicestershire two years ago and have finally got my workshop(Garage) in dome sort of order and am about to build a small bookcase for the Kitchen.

I have just managed to get some maple, but the process was not smooth, can anyone put me on to a decent source of hardwood in the area, we are near to Hinckley about 15 minutes from J21 of the M1.

Cheers
Rod

"I moved to south Leicestershire two years ago ........we are near to Hinckley about 15 minutes from J21 of the M1."

Welcome to the neighbourhood 8) :D

My friend has used a place called "Wood for good" :?: :?: or has he??
Just googed it and :cry: :cry:
Otherwise Whitmores :wink:

Cheers
Andy

toolsntat":2whnnciu said:
My friend has used a place called "Wood for good" :?: :?: or has he??
Just googed it and :cry: :cry:
Otherwise Whitmores :wink:

Cheers
Andy
You will have to find out more Andy, you can't tease us like that :wink:

I have used Whitmores in the past, they were very accommodating apart from one time when they told me it wasn't worth there effort to sell me such a small amount.

Jorden":x6ir4yes said:
Good Timber isn't that far away from you either, a bit to the south.

Well, its a good chance that, that is the place ......

http://www.goodtimber.com/good_timber_index.htm

As for Whitmores, have to date on the 2 "small" orders for Iroko had no problems so far :D :D One was small enough to be leaning by the side of the office doorway :wink:

Andy

Doesn't Stig work at Whitmores???

There must be something in the water cos there seems to be lots of us forum users in the county.

Maybe we ought to have a bash??

Sykes have a good stock of excellent timber, well stacked.

Just a tinsy winsy problem.

They surcharge you 50% if want anything less than a lorry load. I can't remember if it was 6 or 10 cube, but it was a lot of timber. I won't go back unless I'm desperate.

Cheers
Steve

Lurker

Great idea, how about a trip To Nuneaton when Axminster opens, we could talk each other out of opening our wallets, then go to the pub.

Rod

Latest posts

Back