Hardwood Supplier Recommendations in Yorkshire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whittler1507

Established Member
Reaction score
Feel a bit daft asking this but which hardwood supplier do you recommend? (ideally in the north east)

Would like to get to see the timber before buying, which so far shopping on the interweb I've been unable to do.

Appreciate your help

Stu

it depends a bit on what hardwood you are after. scrawton sawmills would be worth a look, for oak, cherry, and natives.

Jacob":1i334yz9 said:
Is John Boddy defunct? They seem to have a lot of website stuff up. http://www.johnboddytimber.co.uk/news.htm
Perhaps they closed and re-opened under the new management?

Nah, 'friad not. They went into liquidation a couple of months back as part of the Associated Timber group. I should imagine the website will disappear when the domain name comes up for renewal. Bit sad really, we used to get some good gear off them.

Chip shop":1jttj8ia said:
Bit sad really, we used to get some good gear off them.

Didn't we all.

I've got some support blocks that have been floating around my workshop for donkey's years. One of them has the old Boddy's transfer on it, the original circular design. It's prime Brazilian Mahogany, 3" thick by 10" wide, I guess the original board was 7 or 8 feet long. According to the sticker the price was £10.60.

Those were the days!

Back