Handles?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowfoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost finished a mid-century modernish TV table -
FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Sketched out most of the dimensions and made a full size plan for the feet (my first attempt at angled joinery!), but totally forgot to account for handles.
The historical record (ie typing mid-century furniture into google image search) shows all sorts.
Anyone got any bright ideas?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 143
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 143
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 143
Superb work! I really like the way the drawers are recessed which gives clear, crisp shadow lines. The continuous grain running across the two drawer fronts is a quality touch, and your jointing up of the boards for the top and sides looks impeccable. Personally I'd have made the half pins at the ends of the drawers a little fatter, and dovetailing the carcass is more Arts & Crafts joinery than Mid Century Modern. But they're minor quibbles, that's really knock out work, very well done!

=D>

Mid century pulls are distinctive and often form part of the construction, but you are where you are so here are a few ideas that would fit with theme and more importantly, can be incorporated at this stage of the build,

Mid Century Modern 02.jpg

Mid Century Modern 03.jpg

Mid Century Modern 01.jpg

Attachments

• Mid Century Modern 02.jpg
    Mid Century Modern 02.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Mid Century Modern 03.jpg
    Mid Century Modern 03.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Mid Century Modern 01.jpg
    Mid Century Modern 01.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 130
Cracking bit of work, the standard of work on here just seems to be getting better and better.

Pete

Back