H Guys plunge saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaffabex

Established Member
Reaction score
Be Gentle 1st post im in the market for a plunge saw looking at dewalt/makita /mafell/ festool/ are the dearer ones really worth the extra cheers Chris

Yes get the festool I've had one years they are very well made. Ts55r is on special until end of the year 2 rails , bag etc and a few dealers are discounting now too.

I've used the Makita its ok but nowhere near as good as the fessy. The rails don't seem to stick as well as festool ones

jaffabex":1hc3j24s said:
Ijust found a you tube video of mafell mt55 looks great anybody here use one

Yes me..... used to own the Festool, Ebayed it and got the Mafell :D :D

John...

Used both.
Bought festool.
Depends how much you use it of course, but I use mine a lot more than my old one cos it's so good!

Festool one is awesome! I would highly recommend it.
photo-4.jpg

Have the older version of the festool. Bought it over the Mafell as I needed it pretty quickly for a job.

I really wanted the Mafell as it was more powerful and had a few other useful bits that the festool didn't have at the time....not sure what the new festool is like though but looks lime there are some improvements.

Bit of advice on the festool. Make sure you grip it well as when the handle gets a bit dusty or your hands do, it becomes a little slippery....as I've found...3 times!!!

The new ts55r is good , nothing fantastic but subtle changes to the old model. I was involved in the design of it about 2 years ago , a guy came over from Germany and showed me prototypes and got my opinions on what I would like to see on the new model.

I’ve used festool saws everyday during the last 15years while installing kitchens, the only down side in my opinion is the cables which unplug from the saw body. I’ve had to purchase numerous replacements at a cost of around £12.00 each! The flex fault occurs next to the plug which inserts to the saw, other than a fantastic machine.

I recommend purchasing a CT22E extractor.

Back