Guns,guns, and more Guns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shootings in London on the rise despite lockdown, police reveal
Scotland Yard figures reveal 288 incidents in 2020 where a lethal firearm was discharged, compared with 266 in 2019. Sadly this is year on year higher so the genie has left the bottle! It not something normal people rejoice in these dreadful figures but it's best facing reality and thankfully brighter minds have armed our police thus police can defend themselves and the citizens they protect!

an increase of 22 incidents is not “the genie leaving the bottle”

of Those 288 firearm incidents, how many happened where a policeman was attending the scene at the time?

If they were incidents involving the public only then having every police officer armed would’ve made zero difference.

of Those 288 firearm incidents, how many happened where a policeman was attending the scene at the time?

If they were incidents involving the public only then having every police officer armed would’ve made zero difference.

How many of the 10400 assaults resulting in police injury wouldn't have occurred?

I suppose it's not something people will say in public. I know a person who got started on Vicodin through dental surgery and became an addict and went to heroin. He said he still thinks about heroin all the time even though he hasn't done it for years and he takes some kind of expensive blocking drug that he's not sure he could survive without.

to understand how drugs work, and why addiction, everyone have to have basic understanding how it is even possible

The more guns in the hands of serving police officers - most I suspect who would rather not be carrying them and would not be practicing hundreds of rounds a week - the more mistakes are guaranteed to happen. And they don't have someone standing at their shoulder to pull them up

I believe police officers aren’t that keen to join the firearm squad.

if an officer fires a live round in an incident my understanding is an investigation has to be done. If there is an injury I think the officer gets suspended.

I have a form of low dopamine, and unfortunately know what it's like to have a brain screaming for it. Though it's more true that I chase unhealthy food and lots of coffee, and I guess wasting time on the internet....and will never take an opioid after meeting people who were professionals and who went from prescription to addiction.

Shootings in London on the rise despite lockdown, police reveal
Scotland Yard figures reveal 288 incidents in 2020 where a lethal firearm was discharged, compared with 266 in 2019. Sadly this is year on year higher so the genie has left the bottle! It not something normal people rejoice in these dreadful figures but it's best facing reality and thankfully brighter minds have armed our police thus police can defend themselves and the citizens they protect!
I love it when Americans come back with shouty bold text.

How many of the 10400 assaults resulting in police injury wouldn't have occurred?

if Police is underfunded, undertrained, without correct amount of Police acting on demand,

how many guns will be taken from dead Police? That would not be injured Police, it would be killed Police who are not trained to act, and start shooting everything due lack of training??

if guns aren’t readily available, bad guys don’t have them.

you can’t buy them on gumtree you know
Illegal firearms, the clue is in there! Illegal, these guns won't be found on gumtree but according to Police statistics they are very real. They cause the death of many innocent people caught up in shootings. Thankfully brighter minds have armed the Police to protect us.

I have a form of low dopamine, and unfortunately know what it's like to have a brain screaming for it. Though it's more true that I chase unhealthy food and lots of coffee, and I guess wasting time on the internet....and will never take an opioid after meeting people who were professionals and who went from prescription to addiction.
Blessed those who understand they conquer own craving, suppressing it with their own will power, which would kill most of other people.

with great power comes great responsibility

if guns aren’t readily available, bad guys don’t have them.

you can’t buy them on gumtree you know

No you can't but there are many other avenues where you can get a Czech CZ75 for £200 or a battered but working Chinese or Czech AK copy for under £500, routes that are not affected in any way as to operability or availablity by weak or strong gun laws.

I don't believe most of us wish to have every officer armed! Stay on point my friend, but many of us value our Police and the very dangerous job they do each day and as gun crime in increasing its a necessary step for our officers to protect and be protected.

Illegal firearms, the clue is in there! Illegal, these guns won't be found on gumtree but according to Police statistics they are very real. They cause the death of many innocent people caught up in shootings. Thankfully brighter minds have armed the Police to protect us.

I’m gladly give all Police guns, ONLY if they are trained so I can’t disarm everyone of them, after several years of KravMaga, Kilah, Haganah….. etc.

Untrained Police will not have advantage with guns, they will have death sentence hanging over them when have deadly power with them.

I don't believe most of us wish to have every officer armed! Stay on point my friend, but many of us value our Police and the very dangerous job they do each day and as gun crime in increasing its a necessary step for our officers to protect and be protected.

bringing level of threat to deadly from police will not help them, when they can’t disarm teen with a screwdriver…..

bringing level of threat to deadly from police will not help them, when they can’t disarm teen with a screwdriver…..
Officers that carry firearms are highly trained and if a teenager has a screwdriver then a police officer can easily use his taser! Non deadly force is available also. But when an officer comes under fire then a highly trained officer has the protection of defending himself and others with his firearm. I am for the defence of Police officers and defending them.

Officers that carry firearms are highly trained and if a teenager has a screwdriver then a police officer can easily use his taser! Non deadly force is available also. But when an officer comes under fire then a highly trained officer has the protection of defending himself and others with his firearm. I am for the defence of Police officers and defending them.
This is not working, as most UK criminals work with UK police, or getting shot by highly trained Police with big guns.

This is not working, as most UK criminals work with UK police, or getting shot by highly trained Police with big guns.
I think this is the most incredible and shocking response I have ever seen I think I will wish you well pal. Be safe.

I believe police officers aren’t that keen to join the firearm squad.

if an officer fires a live round in an incident my understanding is an investigation has to be done. If there is an injury I think the officer gets suspended.
They often resign in signifiant numbers from fire arm / SO duty when investigations are under way and especially when charges are brought against another officer. Can't say I blame them, a lot of responsibility is placed in these officers in those situations.

Latest posts

Back