Guns,guns, and more Guns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems that drugs are readily available, even within prisons and I think the govt have stopped using the term “war on drugs” perhaps because its a battle we've lost? It seems to me without any real knowledge of these things that drugs of all sorts could be legalised and distributed at cost through chemists to anyone that wanted them. I know it sounds crazy but balance it against this,
Anyone that wants drugs can get them now, the quality is often suspect and I think this is one reason many users end up in hospital? The money from illigal drug sales funds other crime, the drug dealer has no qualms about involveing young and vulnerable children who will also be given drugs, much of the street violence is its said drug related and blights communities, we often pay for these drugs through theft, and our police spend a lot of their time trying to get on top of it. The govt did a few years ago employ a drugs expert to advise them, Prof Nutt if my memory serves me right, and he was sacked for publicly making these views known.
Steve.

Legislation would be a great solution but now we are so PC and drowning in wokies it is never going to happen, it would be like making all sweet shops free to children, imagine the initial impact on the NHS and from our perspective there would be a huge demand for cheap MDF boxes so get those tracksaws out.

I love it when Americans lecture us on guns.

We have managed to keep the genie in the bottle over here pretty much, and the vast majority of us support legislation that keeps it in the bottle.

I have been to the USA several times and I have some good friends over there. It is entirely different there, and I understand the need for a handgun in the nightstand. I hope it's never necessary here.

Only problem being, when someone points a gun at you, it's a trifle late to dial 999.

Netherlands have few gun police in uniforms,
while all armed police is in plane clothes.

Uniform police have extensive psychiatric education, and hand to hand combat training.

We have managed to keep the genie in the bottle over here pretty much, and the vast majority of us support legislation that keeps it in the bottle.

I have been to the USA several times and I have some good friends over there. I understand the need for a handgun in the nightstand. I hope it's never necessary here.

HOW LONG AGO the UK had desperate people killing others because being deadly desperate? 12th century? 16th century?

USA is created 3 life times ago, and 2 life times ago relieved slaves from captivity, and one life time ago start care for common opportunities of opportunity, and today left care more about statistical correctness rather about individuals with traumas.

I have been to the USA several times and I have some good friends over there. It is entirely different there, and I understand the need for a handgun in the nightstand. I hope it's never necessary here.

I don't know who is lecturing you on guns, and I don't have any handgun in the nightstand, nor any guns at all and neither do most people in my neighborhood.

With no demonizing of heroin, and clean product available, people wanting to stop if they feel its out of hand would have more places to convalesce.

I have no personal knowledge of heroin, but I've met a few people who do. They seem to wish they'd never known of it. I think if it was out in the open, they'd just do more. I don't gather that it's similar to weed, etc. They way they talk of it, it's a permanent change once exposed to it and the idea that the strong urge to get some won't be present forever isn't realistic.

Like heroin? Wow. Totally naive.

Portugal sorted that Probkem within 5 years. It’s not about heroine, but education of dopamine regulation and self control.
ALL crave for dopamine, and easiest way is to take a drug - alcohol, nicotine, opioids, scunk cannabis, amphetamine, or do anything spiking dopamine - SOCIAL MEDIA, TV, SUGAR ABUSE, or any other thing you can use as abuse of neurological system in the brain….

ALL CAN BE USED TO MANIPULATE IF YOU OUT OF KNOWLEDGE ;)

Shootings in London on the rise despite lockdown, police reveal
Scotland Yard figures reveal 288 incidents in 2020 where a lethal firearm was discharged, compared with 266 in 2019. Sadly this is year on year higher so the genie has left the bottle! It not something normal people rejoice in these dreadful figures but it's best facing reality and thankfully brighter minds have armed our police thus police can defend themselves and the citizens they protect!

Desperate people use desperate means in desperate situations, as they don’t know anything else to do.

Shootings in London on the rise despite lockdown, police reveal
Scotland Yard figures reveal 288 incidents in 2020 where a lethal firearm was discharged, compared with 266 in 2019. Sadly this is year on year higher so the genie has left the bottle! It not something normal people rejoice in these dreadful figures but it's best facing reality and thankfully brighter minds have armed our police thus police can defend themselves and the citizens they protect!

Good for you. I must have imagined it then.

So, they're either 0 percent or 100 percent? It's not like they don't exist, but the number in a nightstand is a small minority and the vast majority of us without them feel no need. You can live in a terrible neighborhood here, but a safe one is usually only minutes away and a reasonable cost to live in.

Portugal sorted that Probkem within 5 years. It’s not about heroine, but education of dopamine regulation and self control.
ALL crave for dopamine, and easiest way is to take a drug - alcohol, nicotine, opioids, scunk cannabis, amphetamine, or do anything spiking dopamine - SOCIAL MEDIA, TV, SUGAR ABUSE, or any other thing you can use as abuse of neurological system in the brain….

ALL CAN BE USED TO MANIPULATE IF YOU OUT OF KNOWLEDGE ;)

I'd be curious to hear if anyone on here has had a serious heroin addiction and just gotten off of it.

So, they're either 0 percent or 100 percent? It's not like they don't exist, but the number in a nightstand is a small minority and the vast majority of us without them feel no need. You can live in a terrible neighborhood here, but a safe one is usually only minutes away and a reasonable cost to live in.

I'm after guns for highly screened, responsible adults. That is very difficult to find in todays society.

you might be surprised…

I suppose it's not something people will say in public. I know a person who got started on Vicodin through dental surgery and became an addict and went to heroin. He said he still thinks about heroin all the time even though he hasn't done it for years and he takes some kind of expensive blocking drug that he's not sure he could survive without.

Back