Guess the tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here is me thinking I had found something special. I have never knowingly seen one before I saw it larking in the bottom of a box of tools. It taken me a minute to work out what it was too.

My dad's toolbox [including the pressure guage] lived in the back of the car, back in the days when you fixed your own car and went prepared to fix any roadside breakdown.

If there were plumbing tools in there as well... plumbers do use pressure gauges quite a bit these days. Our system has three expansion vessels, all of which have to be set up fairly carefully with a tyre pump and a pressure gauge. My dad, who ought to know about such things as he's a retired physics teacher and engineer, once told me that type are more accurate than the dial variety you find on foot pumps. I've also got a couple of really small, lightweight plastic versions, for push-bike toolkits. They look iffy, but don't seem less accurate than the metal ones.

Heck that was really nerdy. :oops:

E.

(who's supposed to be replacing the kitchen tap at the moment).

I was asked to pump up a tire today with the compressor so thought I would see how accurate both the air gauge and tool in the photo. No idea if there correct or close for real but they both read 44psi.

Back