Green Dakota Parallel clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use this sort of clamp, but others have said that these are NFG :lol: Bessy's are the ones to save your pennies for...Wizer's the bloke to ask about Dakota stuff anyway 8-[ :lol: - Rob

woodbloke":2hcaiqo4 said:
.Wizer's the bloke to ask about Dakota stuff anyway 8-[ :lol: - Rob

Head+Mushroom+Cloud+%235.gif

I think Rob has a workshop full of helpers that basically hold things together for him while he uses a whip to 'apply pressure'

I have gained a reputation for (amongst many other things) moaning about the sub-standard quality of anything that has the name Dakota on it. In fact I suspect that the word Dakota is closely related to Bart Simpson's favourite word - Crapola.

ahem

John McM":19tfkpur said:
Rob, why don't you use parallel head clamps, what do you use?
I've never used B's 'cos I have a decent collection of Record sash cramps which I find suit me. I've heard that the big Bessys are very good and worth the money, but to me, they've always appeared very clumsy and bulky, so I've tended to stay away from them and have instead concentrated on ordinary sash cramps. Bessy's can't be bolted together either to make a longer cramp and as I have a couple of extension bars the longest distance that I can cramp is well over 3m - Rob

woodbloke":22g3a6pq said:
I have a decent collection of Record sash cramps which I find suit me.

I'd second the Record sash cramps as well - the best ever, in my view, they last for ever and you seem to be able to pick them up for around £20, which makes them excellent value.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

John McM":1iov1x93 said:
Anyone tried these? Are they worth the £15 each? or should I save up for the Bessey.

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/hand-tools/wo ... jaw-clamps

Cheers

I have some a bargain I think (buy besseys if you have money to waste) the green rutlands bessey lookalikes work really well

I don't think you can brand all dacota tools as rrubbish because of one bad experiance.

johnf":1ssay4t7 said:
I don't think you can brand all dacota tools as rrubbish because of one bad experiance.

At least 10 experiences John... At least 10

C r a p o l a

Some were presents and I'm basically stupid....

wizer":2xifawii said:
johnf":2xifawii said:

At least 10 experiences John... At least 10

C r a p o l a

Name some then

I don't have many Dakota tools but I do have some green cramps which I am very happy with

especially when you consider the cost of the bessey cramps almost 3 times the price

also this thread is about green cramps not everthing that Dakota make

John I'm not lying to make friends here!! I didn't do ibble dibble and choose Dakota as a brand to pick on. I really have had a whole lot of junk out of the Dakota brand and as such would largely avoid it at all cost in the future. I'm glad you like the Dakota clamps, I didn't actually comment about them. I'll stick with my Besseys tho, if it's all the same with you??

Sorry to here of your misfortune Wizer, still, could have been worse, could have been me :D Only kidding of course. I am wary though, buy cheap buy twice and all that.
Cheers

Please may I take the opportunity to clarify two facts:

1) The Dakota Parallel Jaw Clamps (Part No DKBC31 & DKBC51) are manuafactured in the same factory as the original Bessey K Body Clamps.

2) After 18 months of sales Rutlands Ltd customer returns rate for the Dakota Parallel Jaw Clamps (Part No DKBC31 & DKBC51) is less than 3 clamps in 1000.

Thank you

Mark
Rutlands Ltd

Mark from Rutlands eh ? How about introducing yourself a bit? Or maybe answering some of the problems reported about the company you (supposedly) work for?

Otherwise you could just be Joe Bloggs from Nowheresville

mark333":gf1gnk9m said:

1) The Dakota Parallel Jaw Clamps (Part No DKBC31 & DKBC51) are manuafactured in the same factory as the original Bessey K Body Clamps.

2) After 18 months of sales Rutlands Ltd customer returns rate for the Dakota Parallel Jaw Clamps (Part No DKBC31 & DKBC51) is less than 3 clamps in 1000.

Thank you

Mark
Rutlands Ltd

Interesting you should comment here but ignore the thread in the handtool section??

studders":35kbi8d3 said:
mark333":35kbi8d3 said:

Thank you

Mark
Rutlands Ltd

Interesting you should comment here but ignore the thread in the handtool section??

probably hasn't seen it give the man a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back