Green Dakota Parallel clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
johnf":2f72lksb said:
studders":2f72lksb said:
mark333":2f72lksb said:
Please may I take the opportunity to clarify two facts:

1) The Dakota Parallel Jaw Clamps (Part No DKBC31 & DKBC51) are manuafactured in the same factory as the original Bessey K Body Clamps.

2) After 18 months of sales Rutlands Ltd customer returns rate for the Dakota Parallel Jaw Clamps (Part No DKBC31 & DKBC51) is less than 3 clamps in 1000.

Thank you

Mark
Rutlands Ltd

Interesting you should comment here but ignore the thread in the handtool section??

probably hasn't seen it give the man a chance

Well, now its been highlighted hasn't it.

The response from 'Wizer' to my recent posting is exactlty the reason why Rutlands Ltd has refrained from entering into discussions in this forum.

The UK Workshop forum offers an excellent knowledge base and is an extremely valuable tool for woodworkers of all levels. We genuinely hope it continues to prosper well in to the future.

As a company we will continue to monitor comments made on the forum and where applicable we will use both the negative & positive feed back to try and further improve our product range offering and service to UK woodworkers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of the Rutlands team either by telephone 01629 815518 or email at [email protected]

Regards

Mark Taberner
Managing Director
Rutlands Ltd

mark333":2byxwooo said:
The response from 'Wizer' to my recent posting is exactlty the reason why Rutlands Ltd has refrained from entering into discussions in this forum.

So why did you post in the first place?

Good on you for sticking up for your product. But if you'd properly introduced yourself and your interest in the company, you may have had a little more integrity. You could have been the guy who cleans the toilets for all we knew.

I have questions to ask you, but seeing as you don't want to talk to your customers, I won't bother. Good Luck with all the Dakota stuff...

Ah thats a shame. Could have had a nice forum contact with one of the big sellers. I've bought from Rutlands a few times, big orders and small and have been just as good as axi. I've never bough dakota but if they are the same as the K-Bodies I may just do so. Wizer it would be better to work with rather than against the suppliers.

Chems":2g37uoxj said:
Wizer it would be better to work with rather than against the suppliers.

Which was exactly my point!

Wizer made a good point regards Mark333 credentials. He is also entitled to his opinion about Dakota tools which appears to be based on lots of bad experiences. He has also taken the time to respond to the original question with his experiences of Dakota. Fair enough.

Mark333 has qualified his position and is entitled to defend his company. As the MD of Rutlands I am impressed that he takes the time to participate in this forum and would sincerely ask that he continues to do so, it can only benefit the forum. It is important that as consumers we let companies know when they go wrong because otherwise if they are not told there is a problem they cant do anything to put it right. whether they choose to put it right is another issue.
Mark, please continue to participate in this forum.

From my point of view I have some Dakota tools (not the cramps which are the subject of this post) and am satisfied with most of them. I have also bought other items from Rutlands and I have not had any problems, so I am a satisfied customer (with no other connections to Rutlands).

I also find this forum interesting and informative and this post is a good example of being able to see both sides of the argument.

Long may it continue.

Martin.

To be honest, I was a little concerned when I order the dakota cramps, as I do find Dakota quality can be a bit variable (which is reflected in the price really), but as far as the cramps were concerned, there was no problem. I really couldn't justify the price of bessey 1.25m cramps and the dakota ones, although not being quite as well built as the besseys are still pretty good. Certainly better value in that they're half the price of the besseys but the besseys aren't twice as good. But then the besseys aren't as good as the jet cramps, sadly they were a bit more expensive as they involved a plane fare though.

If Rutlands would like to send me half a dozen Besseys and half a dozen Dakotas, I will gladly test and compare them :D

Rutlands don't sell Bessys. I was going to buy a few in the sale but couldn't.

John
I reckon you will be ok with these clamps regardless of your post being side tracked by other members.
When I started out I had three small kids to bring up, and couldn't afford a G clamp never mind a K bodied thingie. AND that price,my friend is the reason you too are considering these clamps and not the Bessey etc.
I have 6 ali clamps that bend when I clamp stuff up, but so long as I take care they do the job.
The Dakotas will be far better than these. Like the other guys have said Record produce a good product too.
Why don't you just buy a couple and try them?
They will come with some sort of warranty, and what have you got to loose?.
Then post a review that will be at the least non biased..
Just a passing comment to Wizzer, sorry mate but you are out of order.
I seem to have heard this rant before, and it's past it's sell by date.
Get over it.

Mike

What I can't understand is why these clamps fail/break. ALL of my clamps are cheap jobbies - Screwfix Ali sash clamps, Screwfix 10 for £12 F clamps etc.

NONE of them have failed, because the fact is that only excessive clamping pressure can cause failure of a clamp, IMO. If you've got excessive clamping pressure, something is wrong with the clamping technique.

At least that's the way I see it.

Cheers

Kar

dicktimber":e73p38l6 said:
John
I reckon you will be ok with these clamps regardless of your post being side tracked by other members.

They will come with some sort of warranty, and what have you got to loose?.
Get over it.

Mike

Lifetime Warranty

Well there you go...
get the spondulicas out and buy them!
Mike

When the price is forgotten....
The quality still remains

dicktimber":1azrxtvj said:
Get over it.

Mike

I don't think you've bothered to read the thread fully Mike. I was never under it.

Explain yourself then Mikke

I don't see where I was out of order ??

Wizzer,
Mark from Rutlands gave a set of facts about these clamps, which has to be taken at face value...both that he works for Rutlands and that the facts he gave are correct.
By using' bully boy', language in reply to his post and then undermining his credentials in a sarcastic manner, don't make for good reading or PR for this forum.
As it turns out he was the MD, of a company giving us factual info.
For that reason alone, whatever happened in the past, this guy deserves to be treated with some respect on the forum.
I do not believe he got that in your reply.
Maybe you did not mean the reply to read how it does, which I suspect is what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back