Green Dakota Parallel clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chems":1mqzefmf said:
What I think was not quite right was the fact that we have scared off the MD and reinforced his decision not to join our discussion which could have been beneficial to us all, you never know if we'd made a friend of him he might have had Rutlands contribute to our competition prizes and could have been a easy port of call for us to raise issues with products that weren't up to scratch.

So you think we should have kissed his pineapple? Just so he might give us something? We pay him enough to give us something called Customer Service. That's all I'm interested in. I do agree that his and other retailers presence on forums is nothing but a good thing. But not for the chance of freebies ??

Wizer, you don't seem to dispute that you're taking quite an aggressive line and I guess that's your prerogative. However, people who disagree with your approach (if not your views) may want to distance themselves from you. Similarly there will be those who would take the same approach as you. For my money, a hearts & minds approach will gain support from both camps and ultimately be more effective.

Personally I've not ordered a great deal from Rutlands and particularly your views about Dakota products have stopped me ordering things in the past. I keep an open mind to others describing good experiences but err on the side of better safe than sorry. You're clearly an intelligent person so I read in to your vehement comments an acceptance of how damaging they can be to a brand/company - one that is not countered on a 1:1 ratio by good comments from others. If you're appraisal is accurate then you're shouldering quite a responsibility for which you earn my respect even if I don't like your approach.

wizer":d3ajhdd5 said:
So you think we should have kissed his pineapple? Just so he might give us something? We pay him enough to give us something called Customer Service. That's all I'm interested in. I do agree that his and other retailers presence on forums is nothing but a good thing. But not for the chance of freebies ??

If you choose to just pick up one bit of the post your a lesser man than I thought, if I had a problem with a Workshop haven order, I'd be straight on the PM to Mark, we could have had the same with Rutlands but thanks to certain peoples lack of basic human manners we have scared him off.

If he is a big enough man to be the MD of a sizeable company then it is highly unlikely that he will be "scared off" by anything said on this forum.

I'm sure he can hold his own if he chooses but "scared off" - never!
Please come back Mark333 and talk to us.

As far as clamps breaking under pressure goes I managed to break three or four of the Axminster lookalikes some time ago. I suspect they are no different from the Rutlands offerings so I am suspicious and curious.
As I was using the Axminster ones side by side (literally) with Bessey equivalents and it was only the green ones that broke I think that says everything about strength and quality control. Perhaps the Rutlands clamps are better quality than the Axminster ones but I know where my money will go if I need some more clamps. Just because they look the same means nothing, really, but I confess to being intrigued.

This is just my opinion, of course. I don't have any intention of buying green clamps of any sort at the moment.

SF

Scared him off? He said he chose not to participate.

Given how his company and staff have chosen not to participate in customer service before, I am not surprised - it seems entirely in keeping with the Rutlands experience. If an order goes well, they are fine. If it goes wrong, they are arrogant, rude, and non-responsive.

Chems":1mnyp37l said:
wizer":1mnyp37l said:

If you choose to just pick up one bit of the post your a lesser man than I thought, if I had a problem with a Workshop haven order, I'd be straight on the PM to Mark, we could have had the same with Rutlands but thanks to certain peoples lack of basic human manners we have scared him off.

I understand your point chems , but we are being a bit unfair to tom - If Mark333 was really the md for rutlands (and i have to say i'm not 100% convinced that it wasnt a troll pretending) he said in his second post that it was their policy not to get involved in forum discussions - that being the case we were never going to have the same sort of relationship with them that we have with matthew.

also wizers first post wasnt particularly rude or agressive - all he asked was for substantation that mark was who he said he was which is a perfectly reasonable request, yes toms tone became a little strident later , but only after he was accused of being out of line by someone who is not a moderator.

you also have to wonder why, if they have a no involvement policy, he chose to get involved with this thread - and if he was going to choose to get involved why he didnt address the 6 page thread questiong their customer service and stock control skills rather than this one.

Bottom line we have no way of knowing that he was who he said he was - or even if he was that we were ever going to have a positive relationship with him (particularly given the recent bad experience with rutlands ). Therefore I suggest we just draw a line on the whole who said what to whom and how issue before it gets out of hand

Chems":2w8zpiho said:
if I had a problem with a Workshop haven order, I'd be straight on the PM to Mark, we could have had the same with Rutlands but thanks to certain peoples lack of basic human manners we have scared him off.

My emails to Rutlands were perfectly polite. They initially ignored them, and those from other, dissatisfied members. When I did eventually get a reply it was a stock reply that didn't address my questions. Then someone, claiming an association with Rutlands posts to say their clamps, which coincidently are being heavily promoted at the moment, are made by bessey. Now, would it not pee you off somewhat if you saw your complaint being ignored and then read that post? Would you not think 'hang on a minute' what about my complaint? Would it not cross your mind that the sole reason they posted would be to safeguard potential sales? That is what occured to me I'm afraid so, MD of Rutlands or Billy Liar, I'm not impressed.

Will I think this has gone far enough, lets all clam down, and then go make some saw dust.

Move along nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back