Good not too expensive laser level ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Just for the inventory, and i'm going to have a lot of kitchen type wall cabinets to put up, so this will make it a lot easier.

So any recommendations ?. Includes a stand with be good, but nothing super pro or industrial .
If no stand included, I can make an interface for my camera stand.

Last edited:
Huapar are good for the money (I have one and also have DeWalt) but....if you buy the AA battery version they absolutely eat batteries in no time . Triple axis is a good idea if you ever plan to do tiling.

Repurposing photographic grip is great for lasers and lights.
Clamps, light stands, tripods, all sorts of photo gear is versatile and in my experience much better made than site tripods and the like. Used manfrotto and calumet own brand is pretty cheap on ebay ....

As to the laser: I bought a bosch red with a long range detector and kit of small stands and clamps because it was on close out at under £100.
Green I admit would be better but people have been managing with red lasers for years and I got a great kit for a good price. The bosch gear seems decent.

I've found the cross line laser more useful than I expected. It served me well recalculating all the firrings to fix the fall on my garage reroof. Most recently it made life a lot easier setting out the mounting brackets for several new radiators including some 2m high jobbies with 6 brackets apiece. Haven't used the plumb dot yet but I'm sure I will.

The laser in these photos is clamped to a bessey telescopic pole using some photo gear.

20231024_112804.jpg

20231023_105224.jpg

Attachments

• 20231023_105231.jpg
    20231023_105231.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I have the Bosch Universal 3 laser level. I spent a long time looking at the time as I wanted one with a horizontal, 90 degree line and a vertical - but not one that went 360 degrees. I found this was the perfect option for the price:

Bosch cross line laser UniversalLevel 3 with tripod (3 laser lines incl. vertical line at 90° angle for an additional laser cross on the ceiling and bottom plumb point for precise alignments) - about £100 with tripod:
Amazon.co.uk

The red hasn’t been an issue. Used it outside in the dark a couple of times and has a surprising range!

I did buy a 360 degree, 3 line all round laser but returned it as I found the lasers had a habit of getting in my eyes which I wasn’t keen on!

I also got a pole (basically a drywall support) to mount it between floor and ceiling at any height which has been really useful over the years given it’s flexibility.

If you want to keep to a tighter budget, I have one of these and it works perfectly. It has a standard tripod bush that will fit on a regular camera tripod, so if you already have one that's all you need.
From Screwfix:
Magnusson 21-GCL001 Green Self-Levelling Cross-Line Laser Level

Same here as per TomGW.

Not something I'll be using very often, only home DIY so couldn't justify spending a lot. Been happy with it so far, still on original AA after several hours use. Does what I needed it for! 👍🏻

Has anyone experienced the Parkside one?
I went to purchase one last time they were advertised, but as commonly happens there were none there.

I have the green laser version of the Bosch one shown by @Sideways.
I really like the plumb laser for aligning things vertically, very handy and most don't have it.
I bought a very cheap tripod to go with it.
Certainly recommend.

Ollie

If you want to keep to a tighter budget, I have one of these and it works perfectly. It has a standard tripod bush that will fit on a regular camera tripod, so if you already have one that's all you need.
From Screwfix:
Magnusson 21-GCL001 Green Self-Levelling Cross-Line Laser Level
Basic is what Im after. Though the other suggestion for one capable of laying out tiling has its merits and never know,somewhere down the line that scope of thing might be the better idea now.

The standard screw fitting is 1/4"x20mm and after checking, all camera tripods are that fitting so I can utilize my tripod and dont need to buy anything special.

I'll take a look at all the recommendations, decide after I've researched and done a bit of you tube viewings in real time. You get a clearer idea from a YT review.

Basic is what Im after. Though the other suggestion for one capable of laying out tiling has its merits and never know,somewhere down the line that scope of thing might be the better idea now.

The standard screw fitting is 1/4"x20mm and after checking, all camera tripods are that fitting so I can utilize my tripod and dont need to buy anything special.

I'll take a look at all the recommendations, decide after I've researched and done a bit of you tube viewings in real time. You get a clearer idea from a YT review.
I think that you'll find this Magnusson will do the same job on tiling as it has both vertical and horizontal lines that can be used separately or in combination. You can't go far wrong with any of them. The batteries last for ages too - I've had the same set in mine for a couple of years and have used it a lot, building a garage and then extending and fitting a new kitchen and utility room.

rule#1 don't use a cheap laser level that uses a bubble.

The Bosch laser levels are great, but no different than any precision optical level, But you also have to prove them.

I used one of them to lay out kitchen uppers, and found it was off by .125" over about 12', which caused problems

Another obvious hint... don't drop it, they are NOT repairable

i purchased a stanley from scrwfix £80 a few days ago , to replace some rads and curtain rail
found it very useful - used on a tripod , on carpet and it did bounce about a bit , had to wait for the thing to settle - the laser line was quite thick in the livingroom only 4m wide
calibration check in the manual talks of setting up on 2 walls at least 9M apart - i dont have that , only 7.5m - so used that

anyway it has done the job

Back