Good lord what a workshop!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, interesting comments.

For me, this is a bit like the Studley tool chest, ..only the power tool/workshop version?

And you can hardly say he doesn't do any real woodworking when it's all clearly on display (assuming he did it)

Arguably though, he's missing a bunch of common machines you'd see in other workshops.

The attached workshop from a Dutch guy who used to make jeweller's benches, but now runs the farm, is pretty much my ideal workshop. Very easy to keep clean and tidy and not much walking about: https://benchworks.be/en/my-projects/system-workshop/

I much prefer it to the very busy and over full workshop in the original thread, but if he is renting out tools or bench stations then that may explain what he is doing I suppose.

also, at the very end of the video, he talks briefly about it being over the top (in case anyone missed it).

I think this is a bit tidier...

vy9VJJL.jpg

:lol:

This is the fanciest bit of storage I've got:
obh9ZxJ.jpg

Trainee neophyte":2m5lvakw said:
I have a tool shed just like that - everything immediately to hand, and just where I left it. Perfect organisation.

I refer to my desk, similarly organised, as a 'temporally oriented stochastic filing system'.

I'm sorry to have offended the Dutch :)

(son is half Dutch. Used to live in Amsterdam. I barely differentiate between Dutch and Belgians. My mistake)

If it makes him happy who are we to judge?

I don't care what people do in their workshop as long as they are happy and enjoying themselves.

My workshop is very cramped and not very pretty. It's functional for the work I do, it's not perfect, I don't have the space for that. Some would find my workshop awful, others who work on the kitchen table would consider it a paradise.

That workshop is not to my taste but I wouldn't kick it out of bed :lol:

I counted roughly 80 of the bessey's largest clamps, wow just the cost of that alone is worth way more than all my tools combined.

He may have all the kit in the world but he only has the the same 2 most important tools that I have
Ian

My Dutch ex wife, always called (when she spoke English) Belgians, the "Belgiums". Most Dutch do this in my experience. It is interesting how various nationalities rate each other. Most Germans seem to hate the Bavarians, whereas the Bavarians look down on the rest of the Germans. Swiss Germans look down on everyone, but would never let on.

Latest posts

Back